Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2015, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.7 is here, with ext. sidechain input, aux outputs and more

Hey Blue Cat, you guys are awesome.

Have you considered making a panning utility like Goodhertz Panpot that has can control interaural level differences (like a standard pan control), interaural time arrival differences (like a Haas-style delay), and spectral differences (like Proximity)?

I think that would be awesome. It would be the perfect companion to your Gain Suite, Patchwork, and your analysis suite.

That would be amazing, and I'm sure everyone would buy it. It would help us all hold out until the Blue Cat DAW arrives.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.7 is here, with ext. sidechain input, aux outputs and more

Maybe it's because I'm using P Tools 10HD but man, this is the buggiest plugin that I have ever used. I insert a VI and after about three minutes everything freezes. I mean everything. I usually have to force quit Pro Tools just to get things to function again. Anyone else seeing this?

By the way, the exact same VI's work just fine in Reaper ReWired into Pro Tools.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
Maybe it's because I'm using P Tools 10HD but man, this is the buggiest plugin that I have ever used. I insert a VI and after about three minutes everything freezes. I mean everything. I usually have to force quit Pro Tools just to get things to function again. Anyone else seeing this?

By the way, the exact same VI's work just fine in Reaper ReWired into Pro Tools.
With pro tools 10 being a 32 bit app it can only access <4gb of whatever RAM you have. When you rewire VI's with Reaper into Pt10, Reaper is using RAM outside of that to run itself and those VI's.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenjb View Post
With pro tools 10 being a 32 bit app it can only access <4gb of whatever RAM you have. When you rewire VI's with Reaper into Pt10, Reaper is using RAM outside of that to run itself and those VI's.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm aware of that limitation but the thing is that VI's like Serum run much better when instantiated in Pro Tools than when instantiated in Patchwork. Also, if I check the RAM usage that is occurring when the VI is being used the RAM usage is way below 4 gigs. I have 32 gig of RAM BY the way. Must be something else that is amiss.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm aware of that limitation but the thing is that VI's like Serum run much better when instantiated in Pro Tools than when instantiated in Patchwork. Also, if I check the RAM usage that is occurring when the VI is being used the RAM usage is way below 4 gigs. I have 32 gig of RAM BY the way. Must be something else that is amiss.
Must be. Patchwork has been great for me. I use it to host MB7-2 in 4 band mode for multi-band compression and a brick wall limiter and soft knee clipper from IK Multimedia in Patchwork on the output of MB7-2 and no issues.

QAPLA!
Old 04-21-2015, 12:09 PM

Personally I'm having a bug with a vst pluging from applsoft, don't know if it's the plugin itself (doesn't seem to be when I load it from cubase) but in pro tools 11 and pro tools 12, the plugin hosted in patchwork 1.7 has been freezing my sessions to the point I had to force the process to quit as the audio was still played but I could control nothing.

Wave-T.com
Old 04-21-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
Personally I'm having a bug with a vst pluging from applsoft, don't know if it's the plugin itself (doesn't seem to be when I load it from cubase) but in pro tools 11 and pro tools 12, the plugin hosted in patchwork 1.7 has been freezing my sessions to the point I had to force the process to quit as the audio was still played but I could control nothing.

Aha, the same thing is happening here. I think the fact that it's a VI that, as opposed to just a processing plugin, is being hosted is maybe the issue. That's why I'm curious as to whether or not someone else is seeing this behavior.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:44 PM

Well mine is definitely not a VI, it's apqualizr from apulsoft, one of the few eq's that you can set as many filters as you wish.

Wave-T.com
Old 04-21-2015, 10:35 PM
Blue Cat Audio

Some plug-ins will indeed cause issues when hosted thru PatchWork inside Pro Tools (be it 10 or 11). While we have managed to bypass the limitations of many plug-ins, there might still be a few one that cause crashes or weird behavior. If can you send us the details by email, we can give those a try (but fixing the issue may require changes from their manufacturers).
Old 04-22-2015, 07:15 AM

Ok, thanks. I'll send an e-mail. One of the main offenders is Serum which, oddly enough, works better as a a Native plugin directly in Pro Tools than it does in PatchWorks.