Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2009, 12:30 PM

Default Memory Location Question

When I asked recently about if there was a way in PT to memorize a specific view of specific tracks, say, in the EDIT window, someone mentioned I shouldn't be trying to do it with Window Configs, I should be doing it with memory locations, but I still haven't figured out how.

If I want to view just the drum midi tracks in the EDIT window, say, is there a way to do this and save it for recall?

Thanks
Tom
Old 04-02-2009, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Memory Location Question

I'm not at my Mac, so I can't remember the exact settings, but it has to do with the settings that are available for any given memory location.. I think if you double click on one in the list, you'll get the setting for that instance..

I do know that I learned about this in the Digi Accelerated Videos about making a recording template.. Check those 3 vids out and you'll see what I mean
Old 04-02-2009, 05:02 PM

hmmm...
well the easy answer is, to recall a set of trak views, when you open mem-locate window under general properties you can choose which trax to view and how they look,etc.
(under time time properties select "none")
great for organizing large sessions.
but if the thrust of your question relates to having a set of trax in the edit window different from your mix window, ixnay on that.
b.o.l
e
Old 04-02-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhartman View Post
If I want to view just the drum midi tracks in the EDIT window, say, is there a way to do this and save it for recall?
Hi Tom

*Configure 'Window Configurations'.
*Memory Locations Time Properties select None.
*Memory Locations General Properties select Track Show/Hide and other relevant properties.
*Memory Locations General Properties Window Configurations select which Window Configuration you wish to link to this Memory Location.
*Memory Locations Name and Number for Keypad recall (Period>Keypad Number>Period).

filosofem