Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2006, 05:12 AM

Default No Signal - Possible audio Loop Issue

I just recently installed M-box 2 (not pro) onto panther 10.3.2 on my G5. The software installed fine, the hardware setup sees the M-box, so obviously the USB is fine. I have set input 1 and 2 to L and R, as well as output to stereo 1nd 2. I have the input dials turned up on the M-box, but I just can't get any signal to come through when I put the channels into rec-ready.

Somethings that may be an issue. Firstly I'm wanting to record audio from a DJ mixer, I have the output's going out of the mixer l and R into each of the 2 input's on the M-box, and the switches put to mic on the front, I don't think it's a concern (especially for input's, but I'm using the same mixer and one of the other channels as my regular audio output for computer as well, which I wondered if it might cause some sort of weird loop, but I don't think so. I have 3 output's on the back one XLR which I have going to powered speakers the other 1/4 line which I've tried into the m-box and one booth (monitor) output again which I've tried into the m-box. Still nothing, I've even tried the XLR output's straight into m-box again still nothing. Also I've just tried putting a Mic straight into the channel and nothing which really makes me beleive that somethings up.

Another issue is that I use to have a an original M-box, which I fhad to sell when I moved countries, but I erased everything and before I put this on, I wondered if that could be an issue.

it seems the only thing I can maipulate is the clock timer which is on s/pdif I can set it to internal, but that surely wouldn't make a difference or does something need to be going in and out on the back of M-box or out of the monitor.

Any help would brighten up my day no end.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:12 AM

Default Re: No Signal - Possible audio Loop Issue

Your clock source needs to be set to internal. You should also be going into the line in from the mixer.