Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2015, 09:57 AM

Default Cant load plugins

So Im a long time Ableton and Cubase user but recently started a degree course in which we use Pro Tools for everything. I was given a Pro Tools plan, including 10,11 and 12 plus the value added effects bundle. Yesterday I went to install Pro Tools, went for version 12. After resolving some soundcard issues (required beta drivers from focusrite) I finally managed to get it loading a project for editing and playback was working. Today I got to the stage of needing to use some plugins for compression and EQ, none of the installed plugins would work, I could add them as an insert but couldnt load the actual GUI to use them. It keeps coming up with "Assertion error (abbreviated file location) on line 241", ive tried googling this with no results, have tried reinstalling pro tools and all the associated programs with no luck. So was hoping someone here may have an idea? When reinstalling I also found it wouldnt let me install to any harddrive other than my primary ssd, when it would be useful to use the 2nd as that has more space. Cheers in advance!

Edit: Im working on windows 7 home 64 bit with amd 8350 processor, intel ssd x2 and seagate barracuda 2tb internal and focusrite scarlett 18i6 soundcard
Old 12-15-2015, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Cant load plugins

What OS?

What Computer specs?

Do they meet the minimum reqs?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-15-2015, 10:05 AM

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Amd 8350 4 Ghz processor, 16gb Ram, 2x120 gb intel ssds, 2tb seagate 7200rpm hdd and focusrite scarlett 18i6 soundcard. That looks to more than meet the specified system reqs on the avid website
Old 12-15-2015, 10:19 AM

Welcome to the Forum

Have you tried trashing preferences and databases as that can cure a lot of weirdness after installing?

Below is a link for this in case you haven't done that before:

http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...s-preferences/

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-15-2015, 10:28 AM

When you install ProTools, ALL the installers will, and should, default to your system drive. The program, drivers, and plugins. Your SECONDARY drive is where you build your session. So I'm wondering if this might be a function of not letting Pro Tools install to the default location?
Old 12-15-2015, 10:47 AM

So Ive now reinstalled but version 11 instead of 12 (assuming its probably gonna be less buggy than newest version), everything working fine except for the "Assertion in "..\ ..\ Sys\ Win32\ Sys_VolumeWin32.cpp", line 237." error on any plugin, it will load into the insert slot but whether left or right clicking on the slot once the plugin is there, it comes up with that error. I cleared space on my primary ssd and have installed to that as well now instead of the 2nd ssd. Tried trashing the preferences and databases and still comes up with this error
Old 12-15-2015, 10:50 AM

Did you do a complete uninstall of everything first? Sounds like a "square one" starting point might be in order. And 12 is working better for me than 11 ever did, so I think there's still a gremlin in the configuration somewhere.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:08 AM

Yeah, completely uninstalled, nothing whatsoever left on the pc from 12, then installed 11. I dont think ive the patience to do it again, pretty much two days have been spent installing and reinstalling various things to try and get this to work!
Old 12-15-2015, 11:13 AM

Do you have Quicktime installed? I've seen that help odd problems.

Maybe try launching Pro Tools with Run as Admin. Just right click the PT icon and choose Run as Admin.

Maybe try updating your video card driver.

Check for any updates to your motherboard/pc from the manufacturers site.

If none of that works, try checking for problems with the system files of Windows. Admin level command prompt "SFC /scannow"

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-15-2015, 11:30 AM

Amazing!!!! Thank you man!!! I uninstalled quicktime and ran as admin, so one of those two was what did it thanks again