Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2015, 07:05 PM

Default Pro tools 12 no plugin factory patches

After installing pro tools 12 and the First Effects Bundle and my other purchased plugins when I instantiate a plugin I have no factory patch presets when I click on the library tab within the plugin. I have tried using the trash prefs newest utility and reinstalling and it doesn't help. I also had this problem with the First Instrument Bundle and was able to resolve it by copying each individual VI package contents folder to Mac/HD/Users/user name/Documents/Pro Tools/Plugin Settings, then after I trashed all the VI's and reinstalled them they finally went into the Mac HD/Applications/Air Music Technology folder like they should have to begin with. At least I am assuming that's where they are supposed to go for Pt12. When I look in Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plugins/right click on the plugin name/select Show Package Contents/Contents/Factory Presets and then the folder for the plugin I see all the factory presets. Surely I don't have to copy every one of these plugin folders over for them to show inside the plugin. I updated to latest UAD ver 8 and latest Ivory and they show presets but no Avid, Air, Waves, Aphex, etc show. I also tried to see if I could change permissions on one if the plugs and they show read and write for System and Admin but read only for Everyone. Any help is appreciated.
system specs Mac Pro 8 Core 2 X 2.93 Nehalem, 16 GB Ram, Apple ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB Video Card, OS Yosemite 10.10.3, 1 X HDX card, Pro Tools HD 12.0, 2 X Avid 16X16 Analog I/O's, Motu Midi Express 128, 2 X Avid Pre, Avid/Digidesign Plugins, Waves Plugins and UAD2 Quad Core card with UAD Plugins, Media Composer 7.04 Co-installed, Avid Mojo DX, 1 X Avid Videoraid ST with Atto R380 controller card, AJA Gen 10, Axiom Pro 61.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Pro tools 12 no plugin factory patches

Is anyone else having this problem or am I the only one? Is it something that's not set up correctly in the software installation?