Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 12-19-2003, 09:06 AM

Default Pro Tools Crashes without notice..

everything seems to work fine up to the point I open the workspace window and click on the little speaker icon to preview a sample/loop. Click and Crash , the program just disappears. any suggestions? the samples I'm trying to acces are on an external firewire drive. I tried trashing preferences and digidesign database folders from all mounted drives I also (once again) repaired disc permissions on the OS X volume. still no progress.
The rig consists of a dual 1 Ghz g4 Mac 1.5 Gb Ram running OS 10.2.8, HD2, 2 192's with A/D and D/A expansion boards, a Glyph scsi rack w/ 2 trays. Also installed are Waves Platinum, McDsp(all except the amp and the synth), Studio Bundle from Native Instruments, Bomb Factory Complete, Eventide bundle, Massive pack 2 bundle, Antares bundle, several digidesign Plugs , Trilogy and amplitube and Steinberg's Nuendo v2.10.1. I'd appreciate any suggestions from other usres and Digi admins.

thanks
D.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:59 AM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools Crashes without notice..

Hello,

Do you have the same problem from your other drives?
What application was used to format the FW drive?

Make sure the external firewire drive is initialized as an HFS+ volume by Disk Utility.

Mike
Old 12-19-2003, 02:26 PM

I'm sure I have used this drive before with success, because it contains all my samples and loops. DO you think that there could be something else we can look for? The system just went through a clean install last week by the way... thanks for your input. Anyone else with similar experiences?
This seems to drive me crazy.......
thanks
D.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:33 PM

bump
Old 12-20-2003, 05:06 AM

I tried other sessions and the workspace environment had no problems previewing samples from the same hard drive. So It sould be something specific to the particular session. I tried trashing the fades folder and the Cashe file in the session folder(??), but unfortunately no luck . Crash again Does anyone have an idea on what can be causing this particular behavior only in one session and not in others?

still wondering

d.