Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2016, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

Digidesign Control24 is discontinued but Avid C24 is still current.

They want you to buy S3 (economy) or S6 (business) boards now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoldoW View Post
Hi all.
I am supposed to replace a consol in the schools studio and I wanted one that has built-in interface and can be used as a control surface for at least 24 channels. Now, after reading this post, it seems that buying Avid console is no guarantee for long-life product. How old is the control 24? Do you know of any good budget alternativ console?

Thanks in advance
Valgeir
Long Life, sure they are. I'm using a Pro Control made in 2005 and works as flawless today, as it did the day it came out of the factory.

Lifetime support, I don't think there is any controller that will give you that. Like everything else in the technology arena, they all require updating at some point. How soon often times depends on the "Actual" needs of the user.

Too many people upgrade because they want to, not because they need to, which in my opinion, is a waste of money.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 06-25-2016, 06:43 AM

I do agree. However, it seems that now users are forced to upgrade. Are you usint PT12 with your control 24?
Old 06-29-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoldoW View Post
I do agree. However, it seems that now users are forced to upgrade. Are you usint PT12 with your control 24?
I have a Pro Control, and no, not with 11 or 12, which is the whole point of this thread.

I own 10/11/12.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 07-05-2016, 05:11 PM

Its mind boggling that with over 600K of views, Avid simply has no intention of responding in a meaningful way that does not immediately achieve the BS meter. They have Grossly underestimated the financial repercussions of their utter absence with a meaningful explination.

We simply are not as stupid as they think we are.

This generation has alienated Avid and Protools, who do they think are going to be the next generation that will be the influential decision makers in the not, so distant future? Avid is literally operating like they have conceded that they sky is falling, and they need to squeeze as much money as they can before it reaches earth, or better yet, Avid's headquarters.

I deal with younger, when I say younger, I'm taking 30-35 year olds in this business, that don't even consider Avid as a DAW. The ship sailed for them years ago. Never have I seen such disdain for a DAW manufacturer in my decades of doing this. Yes, there is a small bubble of folks in the know that use it, but they are being taken over at an astounding rate. Even Avid can make a legitimate argument for Protools HD these days.

Focusrite Rednet has already smoked them in the pro world. Who can legitimately say today that to do large track session that you need HDX? No one, its simply not true anymore!

Avid's only legitimate hope is to keep the younger generation engaged. Giving them HD features is a joke as all other DAW's have given them that "MANY" years ago already! They are only garnering appreciate from long time Protools users, which today, is smaller and smaller.

Who would have ever thought that Reaper would turn into a legitimate DAW? Not me, but I was wrong. Whoever would have thought that Presonus, of all freaking people, this late in the game would come up with a compelling choice, and to boot, even draw people away? Kudos to them for their forward thinking!!!!!

Avid, you are a Bunch of idiots, simply clueless!!!@!

Last edited by Barry Johns; 07-05-2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
Its mind boggling that with over 600K of views, Avid simply has no intention of responding in a meaningful way that does not immediately achieve the BS meter.
it doesn't work, they have no intention of making it work, end of story. Do you just want a mouthpiece to come on here and say that?

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
it doesn't work, they have no intention of making it work, end of story. Do you just want a mouthpiece to come on here and say that?
Frankly yes Drew I do want them to come in and say that. You could be such a jerk on this forum at times.

Try a different taste Kool-Aid, it may open your eyes

Old 07-05-2016, 10:10 PM

Quote:
600,000 views, I guess Drew, I'm on a dessert Island in this subject.

It's very clear, "YOU" are a kool-aide drinker, if anyone is on a desert island in this subject its you! It's very hard to take your advice seriously on this forum as "YOU" clearly are in the tank for a Avid!

How can any "Rational" human being, considering the largest outpouring of dissent towards Avid in the history of this forum come in and appear to take Avid's side?

Now I am already assuming your natural reply is to say, I'm not taking sides, just pointing out the issue is dead! If it were dead my friend people would not keep posting!$!!!!!!!!'

Why did you even decide to comment? Could not help yourself? Most folks would have just moved on, not you, you are always compelled to take a jab, a little sarcasm, any attention to take a little jab where you can.

Please take the bully tactics somewhere else!

Old 07-06-2016, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
600,000 views, I guess Drew, I'm on a dessert Island in this subject.

It's very clear, "YOU" are a kool-aide drinker, if anyone is on a desert island in this subject its you! It's very hard to take your advice seriously on this forum as "YOU" clearly are in the tank for a Avid!

How can any "Rational" human being, considering the largest outpouring of dissent towards Avid in the history of this forum come in and appear to take Avid's side?

Now I am already assuming your natural reply is to say, I'm not taking sides, just pointing out the issue is dead! If it were dead my friend people would not keep posting!$!!!!!!!!'

Why did you even decide to comment? Could not help yourself? Most folks would have just moved on, not you, you are always compelled to take a jab, a little sarcasm, any attention to take a little jab where you can.

Please take the bully tactics somewhere else!
Barry,
Not sure how my post in any way, shape, or form makes me a Kool-Aid™ drinker or in the tank with Avid. Or even more confusingly, bully tactics?? You got me all wrong my friend. I AGREE with you Barry. Let me repeat, I AGREE with you. I am on your side regarding this. They could and should make it work, period.

I am simply laying out the cold hard facts. Their silence is the answer you seek. It absolutely, positively, will not change. It is dead, especially now, after a few OS revisions. People need to know this, move on and find other solutions, that is my concern and reason for posting. False hope is a terrible thing.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Barry,
Not sure how my post in any way, shape, or form makes me a Kool-Aid™ drinker or in the tank with Avid. Or even more confusingly, bully tactics?? You got me all wrong my friend. I AGREE with you Barry. Let me repeat, I AGREE with you. I am on your side regarding this. They could and should make it work, period.

I am simply laying out the cold hard facts. Their silence is the answer you seek. It absolutely, positively, will not change. It is dead, especially now, after a few OS revisions. People need to know this, move on and find other solutions, that is my concern and reason for posting. False hope is a terrible thing.
OK, but what the world makes you think that you have the right to tell people to stop posting, to give up on the fight? Why not I just walk away from it if you have given up?

I personally will never give up on this fight. Never. It's my right to do so, and I don't need you or anyone else telling me what to do!