Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2018, 06:16 AM

Default Sending Session File (MIDI)

Hi,

I have been asked to send a Session File (I have pt 12.8.3_iMac) because I have a problem with a Plugin. See below:

'' We are sorry about your issue but its in depth so we need more in depth info from you below if you can so we can test this here as close as we can to your situation.

Can you attach the Pro Tools session file with the Syntronik, etc (no audio is needed) so we can load it here and try it. Make sure once you make all your Syntronik changes or a few to make sure to re-save in Pro tools last and exit. ''

So if I go to: File>Save Copy In.

What else do I need to do?

It is midi only_44.1kHz_24bit. (8 bars - nothing special!)

Do I need to checkbox anything else in the Save Copy In, Window?

Thanks
Old 01-13-2018, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Sending Session File (MIDI)

Anyone...
Old 01-13-2018, 04:31 PM

I’d simply attach the session file to your email. It contains the midi data. Alternatively, check nothing in the Save Copy In window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-13-2018, 05:19 PM

Alright...!

Last edited by jamesleonard; 01-13-2018 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Used to indicate a positive occurrence
Old 01-16-2018, 04:10 PM

I was talking-to a friend of mine and he stated that:

'' Support may need a complete problem project file, saved from your host, to see why the Syntronik settings are not saved. ''

Could somebody explain what this process consists of?

Thanks
Old 01-17-2018, 01:09 AM

He may have meant Pro Tools Cloud?
Old 01-17-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesleonard View Post
Do I need to checkbox anything else in the Save Copy In, Window?
First – save your own Syntronik settings by selecting Preset>Save Settings As, then also save your Pro Tools Session.
Then:
'Save Copy In'
Tick 2 items: 'Selected Tracks Only' (your selected MIDI and Aux Tracks) and 'Session Plug-In Settings Folder'

'a complete problem project file'
– in your case – is just a MIDI Track and an Aux Track, with Syntronik instantiated – small enough to email.

Mac Path for Syntronik Plug-In Settings:
Macintosh HD/Users/*username*/Documents/Pro Tools/Plug-In Settings/Syntronik

All the Syntronik (.pak) files should be in IKM's Samples Folder.
(Image of Windows location attached)
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!

Last edited by unkJE; 07-04-2021 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:50 AM

Thanks for the information, unkJE

I have done what you said. Will the people at the other end be able to ascertain what the problem is?

This is what Support stated to me in an email:

'' This is a perfect first fault finding exercise and by sending him those 2 files he will be able to test them on known systems and come up with the next steps. '' (Their Words)

Thanks

Last edited by jamesleonard; 01-21-2018 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:08 AM

Might just be a lot quicker to uninstall what you've got, then re-install. Doesn't take that long – this is what I did:

Created a Folder on my Samples drive – named it: IKM
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products...iew.php?C=free
Downloaded and installed:
SampleTank Custom Shop - Latest version: 3.7.1
Released on: 11-20-2017
Syntronik Free - Latest version: 1.1
Released on: 11-14-2017
Then: Any add-on instruments (like Syntronik Pro-V or SAM, etc)

See images depicting various Folders and their content – all Instruments in one Folder, all Samples in one Folder, etc

Also check the following for content:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia

My Syntronik Presets location:
C:\Users\*User name*\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings\Syntronik
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!

Last edited by unkJE; 07-04-2021 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:12 AM

Um... I should have said I purchased the: USB drive/boxed version (quite pricey as well!).

Will this make a difference - if I re-install [this]?

For example, I already have: Syntronik Free - Latest version: 1.1 in 'My Products' (incidentally, this is what led me to purchase the: USB drive/boxed version - because I was very impressed with it).

One more thing I wish to ask:

Let me try to explain this more:

* I received my serial number in boxed USB

* I authorise Syntronik (Authorization Manager). i.e. 1. insert the USB flash drive and launch the product installer. 2. I use the following Serial Number in the Authorization Manager to authorise my product

* Go to My Products >Syntronik (the one I paid for) - shows: My boxed serial number, however, when I have the 'Plug in: Syntronik opened' - it shows a totally different serial number in the Authorization Manager - and THIS serial number is attributed to SYNTRONIK FREE! in My Products/Serials/Authorizations

''For example: If i bought a car - I would expect the 'logbook' to contain the exact 'car registration' as indicated on the car - otherwise I would assume something is not right (imagine if i DID buy the car and I wanted to sell it one day?)''

I bought the 'USB version' for an easy connection - but this seems very strange. Because... the serial number is not my Serial Number.

Surely my Authorisation Manager should show the serial number I received with the: USB drive/boxed version?

I have had nothing but problems with this - since I received it in the mail - and that was nearly 2 months ago!

Thanks

Last edited by jamesleonard; 01-22-2018 at 04:30 AM.