Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 03-13-2009, 07:21 PM

Default Is It Just Me Or Is Strike Very Disappointing?

Undeniably sounds great and the breadth and variety of available grooves are impressive.

However, it's buggy on my system (didn't install properly, GUI flashes or loses focus when mousing over active plugin window, regularly crashes Pro Tools when changing presets, etc). Plus it has to have the most convoluted way of working possible. To use the style editor you need to manually switch between eraser, arrow and pencil tools and you better make sure you are clicking very precisely or it isn't recognized as an edit.

Now let's drag the pattern as midi into a track. Ummm, no, you need to drag it into empty space to create a bunch of new midi tracks (one for each drum) then manually assign them to the plugin channels. And let's not forget the whole "midi channel plus two" issue to use it in kit mode.

I have to say it is decidely un-PT8. Very, very disappointing, especially for the price. The bundled BFD Lite totally pwns it for functionality and is at least it's equal in sound quality. First Digi plugin that really disappointed me.

Thoughts?
Old 03-14-2009, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Is It Just Me Or Is Strike Very Disappointing?

First digi plugin that disappointed me: Dverb

I actually think strike is probably my favorite virtual drum plugin. Sure, it has bugs, but none that stand in the way of my workflows. I think it's likely we'll see a strike update soon that addresses some of the issues people have with it and when that happens IMO it will truly stand out as the best vdrum plugin. My 2c

Mac Pro 2008 (Harpertown) -- OS X 10.8.2 -- 16GB RAM -- WD Black Drives -- UA Apollo Quad -- Pro Tools 10 w/ CPTK
Old 03-14-2009, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Is It Just Me Or Is Strike Very Disappointing?

Idiosyncratic is the word you may be looking for...

Still great though.

Founder of the Expert Sites.