Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Mac OS X
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2013, 03:51 PM

Default No playback sound in Pro Tools Express

I recently installed Pro Tools Express for use with a Fast Track Solo interface on a macbook pro OS 10.8.4. I seem to have installed the software correctly, and am able to record through the interface with my mic hooked up (seeing the appropriate levels and tracking, etc), but I can't get sound during playback. I've poked around in my I/O setup and changed the output via my computer's System Preferences -> Sound -> Output. Nothing seems to work, although everything else in the setup appears to be functional. I imagine it's an easy setting fix but I'm a noob and could use a little help. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:00 PM

Default Re: No playback sound in Pro Tools Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramadei View Post
I recently installed Pro Tools Express for use with a Fast Track Solo interface on a macbook pro OS 10.8.4. I seem to have installed the software correctly, and am able to record through the interface with my mic hooked up (seeing the appropriate levels and tracking, etc), but I can't get sound during playback. I've poked around in my I/O setup and changed the output via my computer's System Preferences -> Sound -> Output. Nothing seems to work, although everything else in the setup appears to be functional. I imagine it's an easy setting fix but I'm a noob and could use a little help. Thanks in advance.
Hey

Welcome to the forum.

When you said "poked around" in the i/o settings did you set all choices to default and restarted as that seems to help out for quite a few members here.

Best
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-28-2013, 04:05 PM

Changing outputs in the system settings don't affect PT.
Go to Setup -> Playback Engine and make sure, your interface is selected.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 10-31-2013, 01:51 AM

what worked for me is to go to the IO settings and press Default on every screen

(and then obvs connect headphones to the Solo unit)

I think the problem for me was that this lappy had been used on so many different systems and hardware configs that it had ended up with a legacy of old IO settings

www.soundcloud.com/piersgibbon

VOICEOVER - Avalon 737sp/Focusrite Saffire Pro 40/Neumann + Rode inside an Esmono voiceover studio (+ Source Connect, Prima LT, Sonifex TBU, Sonnox plugins)

Record: MBP 13 inch mid 2012, 2.9 ghz i7 8gig ram, PT 11, GDrive Professional Ext Hard Drive

Backup:15 inch early 2008 MBP, OSX 10.10.2

(+Windows 7 PC running Audio TX isdn and tbu codec)

Edit: PT Express 10.3.4 on 13-inch, Late 2010 MacBook Air, OS X 10.10.4