How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2017, 12:07 AM

Default Artist Mix on Sale - Worth It?

Hey All,

The Artist Mix is marked down to $799 at several of the online retailers.

I'm reading mixed reports about the Artist Mix on these forums.

Is anyone using an Artist Mix successfully with the latest Eucon 3.7 and PT 12.8.2?

I'm running Win7/64 bit/PT12.8.2 vanilla. Already use the PT Control App with my iPad hard wired into my router (not via Wi-Fi). Would like to do the same with an Artist Mix.

Any advice would be welcome.

Danny V.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:53 PM
Avid

Default Re: Artist Mix on Sale - Worth It?

Wow that's a steal ;-)
From my point of view (and I'm the Product Manager so a little biased) it works great and with the new VCA spill and automation feedback, there's nothing close workflow wise. Later you could add the Dock and have a mini S6 !
Old 11-30-2017, 07:06 PM

2x Artist Mix
1x Artist Control
1x MC Transport
PT Control

Love em with PT. Would REALLY REALLY love them if Avid and/or Presonus would get together on a Eucon protocol for Studio One.
I got 2 Mixes off Ebay for 1k total!! Got my Artist Control for $450!!
Really wish they weren't headed for discontinuance. Lotta my colleagues and new studio owners are just now getting into DAW controllers.
Im Old school so I don't like the newer compact controllers.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:18 PM
Avid

Only the Transport and Control are discontinued (although still supported) but they were replaced by the Dock.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:24 AM

I find Avid/MC Mix and PT Control is a really powerful system.
The new VCA spill feature and layouts with attentioned faders are great.

The main benefit you get from Having a Mix with the control is 'real' faders.
But for me that's crucial for certain types of mixing. Touchscreen faders just don't cut it for some things.

Once you get it set up its very stable and support on here, from Eddie in particular, is very good.

The development from the Eucon side of things has been really strong over the last couple of years. Personally I reckon they are the jewel in Avid's crown.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:25 AM

Artist Mix working fine here with Eucon 3.7 and PT 12.8.2. I would not expect much love from Presonus as they build their own control surfaces(just announced the Faderport16). I spent so long without a control surface, I still don't use mine to the fullest(it just makes me wish for an SSL). But that is a great price!

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-03-2017, 03:06 AM

Its the only game in town for me (Eucon 3.7, 12.8.1 - 12.8.2 wildly unstable for me for other reasons). What never ceases to amaze me as people compare with Mackie / HUI interfaces is that a EuCon surface can follow you around the DAW and a Mackie / HUI can't - you have to manually bank, which isn't all that much fun on a project over 100 tracks. That makes the difference between it being usable or not to me, doubly so when combined with the OLED display so you can't get lost about what mode you're in. For that reason I always advised against the now defunct Control module, which lacks the critical OLEDs. The final piece of the jigsaw is real faders (oh, and for me the small footprint is very important too). This combination of features is what makes it the only game in town for me.

One day Avid should allow it to control midi data too, as Cubase does as the cherry on the cake.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM