Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 03-20-2017, 12:32 PM

Default Beat Detective help

Hi again guys, I'm going crazy at Beat Detective. I'm selecting two tracks but the purple markers only appear on one. Occasionally they appear on both and but next time I try the exact same thing they don't. Am I missing something???
Old 03-20-2017, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Beat Detective help

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHARDEE View Post
Hi again guys, I'm going crazy at Beat Detective. I'm selecting two tracks but the purple markers only appear on one. Occasionally they appear on both and but next time I try the exact same thing they don't. Am I missing something???
Hi,

Have you analyzed both tracks? and "added unique" when you analyzed the second track?

first capture selection, analyze first track and "add all" then analyze second track and "add unique" now both tracks will show their analyzed markers.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Beat Detective help

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. I don't see an option for 'add all' or 'add unique' .

I should mention I'm using PT8 (don't ask) so perhaps older Beat Detective doesn't have this feature? What's worrying me is that sometimes it magically adds them all then I deselect and reselect and they've gone, never to return.