How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2008, 04:21 PM

Default Structure Free won\'t load

Hi

I've been using Pro Tools LE 7.4 now for about a week on an MBox2. I have the Music Production Toolkit and some other plug-ins like BF & the DigiRacks and a few thirdparties. However, when I installed Structure Free, Pro Tools now hangs when it gets to loading Structure.dpm -- the cursor becomes an hour glass and Pro Tools becomes 'Not Responding'. I tried moving all other plugins to a different unused folder (leaving only Structure.dpm and Structure.dpm.rsr) to make sure there were no compatibility issues among the plugins but that didn't help either.

When I remove the Structure files from the plug-ings directory, it acts normal, no loading problems.

This is on a PC running Windows XP Sp2 with 2.5gb of ram. Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 04-24-2008, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Structure Free won\'t load

Make sure you have the latest PACE drivers from www.paceap.com

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 04-24-2008, 06:40 PM

I just installed the latest drivers off the site, rebooted, but again had the same problem when loading the dpm file. Thanks anyway though.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:46 PM

No ideas, anyone? No one else had a similar problem?
Old 08-09-2008, 08:41 PM

Did you ever find a solution for this?
Old 08-11-2008, 08:07 AM

I have the same problem with Structure free using M-Powered Pro Tools. I have to completely uninstall and reinstall.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:43 AM

when does structure start to hang? when it´s scanning the new content to recreate the database?
try this:

check if the Structure content installer has created unnecessary links in the content folders.

Delete all unnecessary shortcuts located in the various content folders:

/Applications/Digidesign/Structure/Structure Factory Libraries

/Applications/Digidesign/Structure/Structure QuickStart

----------------------------------------------------------------------
2. problem:

The Structure database is empty or the database file was deleted or corrupted.
To restore the database the content has to be scanned again. This process is usually triggered by installing new content.

To avoid this, users have to uninstall and reinstall the plug-in and the content files. In order to prevent a hangup while scanning new content after reinstallation, one of the following methods should be used.

First, note the following:

The main structure preference is located in home/library/preferences/com.digidesign.structure.plist

While installing Structure content, the path where the content is located gets written into the structure.plist in the entry: scandirs

After instantiating Structure and scanning the content for the first time another entry gets added to the structure.plist: _scanneddirs

Method a) In case that the user has a plist editor installed, he can delete the _scanneddirs entry manually. (There are freeware tools to edit the plist like “Pref Setter”)

- Double-click to open your Structure plist file: /home/library/com.digidesign.Structure.plist

- Delete the _scanneddirs entry.

- Make sure the scandirs entry is linked to the correct content location. Default: /Applications/Digidesign/Structure

- Close the plist and don't forget to save.

- Delete the database file: /Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Air/content/air.db

Now the Database should be restored the next time you instantiate Structure.

Method b) If a plist editor is not installed, the user can just copy and paste the following command line into the terminal to delete the _scanneddirs entry:

defaults delete "/Users/$USER/Library/Preferences/com.digidesign.Structure" "_scanneddirs"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Problem:

The database file "/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/AIR/Content/air.db" is invalid.
Also: It has to be recreated, but each time the user clicks "Yes", the message pops back up and won't go away.

The reason for this is the permissions for the AIR and/or content folder are set to “read only” so Structure won’t create a new database file

The solution is to make sure that all permissions for the AIR and the content folder are set to read & write.

This is located in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Air/content.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=33692
Old 02-03-2009, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Structure Free won't load

I googled and came up with this thread. Same problem. I am laoding PT 8 on my laptop for the first time and it hangs on structure. I took the structure file out of the Creative collection but it still hangs on "Structure" I am rebooting now to see if this helps. Is this a known issue
Old 03-27-2009, 05:49 AM

Have the same problem, Uninstalled the creative collection and it works,however if I try to install any other third party plugin ( eg pultec bundle, smack Etc) the launch freezes at that plug in .
Old 03-27-2009, 05:40 PM

i made a thread a week or so ago on here about the same thing. It was also doing it with Transfuser for me, but downloading the latest transfuser update cured that.

Structure still doesnt work. If i install it, it will freeze when loading protools. Uninstalled it works fine. Sampletank, drumcore, and IK Classic Studio Reverb all work fine. Its only Structure i have this problem with. And it does it with Structure Free from the protools installer and my copy of Structure LE.