Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2006, 08:06 PM

Default Missing I/O

I have an interesting situation.

I am upgrading to Pro Tools 7.0 from 6.9 (G4 Dual 866MHz "Mirror Door"). I installed 10.4.6 on another volume, so that I could maintain my current setup while testing out 7.0, which I am very glad I did!

When I boot up in 10.4.6 and try to launch Pro Tools 7.0, it says that Pro Tools cannot find an I/O connected to my Core card. I have 3 192 I/Os. Two are plugged into the Core card, and one is plugged into the Accel card. If I plug the 3rd I/O into the Core card, Pro Tools recognizes it and boots.

From this, I thought maybe it was the cable, and swapped cables with the first I/O. Still doesn't recognize the first I/O if it's connected to the Core Card. I then booted in 10.3.3 with Pro Tools 6.9, and Pro tools recognizes the I/O no problem. I then tried Pro Tools 7 again, and it won't recognize it.

I ran Digitest on the computer, and it said that everything was okay.

Is there some kind of firmware or revision compatibility issue on the Core cards and a 192 I/O that would show up on Pro Tools 7?

On another computer (same CPU, but different Core card for some reason), it worked fine going to Pro Tools 7.

Thanks
Old 06-02-2006, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Missing I/O

Hi,

First off you should be on 7.1 cs6/7

In Digi test there is a page for each interface connected to each card and there it will tell you the firmware and also allow you to upgrade the firmware!

No Fix? Come back with more details and the exact version of PT and Mac you are using

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:59 AM

Pardon me for re-stating the obvious, but did you trash your "DigiSetup.osx" file and restart?
Old 06-03-2006, 05:07 PM

Thanks for the responses.

I guess I will try Pro Tools 7.1cs7 (currently on just 7.0) and see if it's any different. When I looked in Digitest, it said that I had firmware version 3.0, and that it would upgrade it to version 3.0 if I tried to upgrade the firmware.

Jeremy, yes, I did trash the "DigiSetup.osx" file. In fact, the first time I encountered the problem, there was a file called "DigiSeutp.osx" and under a file called "DigiSetup.osx.corrupt". Eitherway, I trashed those and all other preferences I could find, and the I/O still wouldn't show up.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:03 PM

Could be that your dual-boot setup is exactly what's causing the problem! Try installing a fresh hard drive (take your current drive out) and install 10.4.6 on it. Then install PT7 and see if it works.