Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2015, 04:24 PM

Default Axess mfc5 with eleven rack - Help

So I have an eleven rack and just recently traded some stuff for an Axess MFC5 midi controller.

I do have the manual but I must be missing something.... This is my first experience with midi-anything.

Does anyone else have this midi pedal? How do I go about getting this working with my Eleven Rack?
THX!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg axess.jpg (33.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-25-2015, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Axess mfc5 with eleven rack - Help

Program change messages should be pretty easy. By default, the program change messages map as follows:

PC 1-4 -> A1-4
PC 5-8 -> B1-4
PC 9-12 -> C1-4

Providing that your pedal is set up to send program change, just connect the MIDI out of the pedal to the MIDI in of the 11R. Select some presets and see if they change on the 11.

Turning effects on and off is done using Continuous Control messages. You can find a list of them in the 11R settings menu or in chapter 9 of the Users Guide You will need to set your pedal to send a CC message matching the number assigned to the effect. Sending a value of zero will turn off the fx, sending 127 will turn it on.

So for instance, to turn the Mod fx on and off you would send MIDI CC 50 with a value of 0 to turn it off, and CC 50 with a value of 127 to turn it on.

System Details