Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2010, 12:43 PM

Default Re: activated MPT 2 after 4th Oct., but NO upgrade eMail for PT9

Quote:
Originally Posted by audifett View Post
Hi Boyz,

everything is fine now.
4 short eMails, 1 fax and 2 short phonecalls later they gave me the activation code for PT9.

I didn't expect that everything would be that easy.
The german support is very friendly and engaged, they did everything fine.

The last standing complain is that the online support is obviously ... a bit sobering up. - No answers on weekends and - no help at all, just giving a sorry statement with no procedure proposal.

so lets see how pt9 works.

My advice for all guys with similarly problems: stay essentially and DON'T GIVE UP!

greets
Hi audiofett wich channel do you use?
Wich number do you call?
German one or USA one?
thanks
Old 11-25-2010, 01:23 PM

BEWARE!!! You will not get your upgrade email for PT 9 from MPTK or any other toolkit you purchased after oct 4th if you leave the toolkit box sitting on your desk. You have to open and install it and REGISTER it before they will send you the free upgrade to PT 9.
Otherwise you could just sell an unopened toolkit after you got your free upgrade. Once I registered mine I had the upgrade email sent very promptly.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcutz View Post
Hi audiofett wich channel do you use?
Wich number do you call?
German one or USA one?
thanks
Hi.

I called the german support.
when you're in usa, or somewhere else outside germany, this number won't be available for you.

tried on weekend, but no one picked up the phone in germany. so I called uk support and the answering machine said: "this service is not available in your region".

Old 11-26-2010, 02:55 AM

I recently purchased The Music Production Toolkit 2 but hesitated to install it after the announcement of the release of ProTools 9 until I figured out the best upgrade and compatibility options. I then found out that AVID had generously offered a free upgrade to those who registered the Toolkit on or after oct‘ 4th 2010. So on 21 november I installed and registered my Toolkit only to find out on the 22nd of November that the offer only ran until the 11th of november. My issue is that the end date wasn’t posted until the 22nd of november. I understand the offer couldn’t run forever but I do feel I wasn’t properly informed. I hope that the good people at AVID will look kindly upon us users and maybe extend the end date too the date the website was updated.

Sean Thompson