Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2017, 05:38 PM

Default Fomer Adobe Audition 3.0 User, Questions

So Adobe finally stopped supporting Audition. The last windows patch made my v3.0 unusable. I've been with Audition since it was "Cool Edit Pro" some many years ago.

I have been used to importing two-track live audio and editing in a huge track editing window. I can't find this anywhere in Pro Tools so I'm assuming any track editing, i.e. amplifying, normalizing, adding effects/compression etc. is done in the multi-track window? If that's the case then do I remaster the live 2-track as I would normally do as a multi-track?
Old 10-22-2017, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Fomer Adobe Audition 3.0 User, Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddincharlotte View Post
If that's the case then do I remaster the live 2-track as I would normally do as a multi-track?

Not if you don't want to. You can import to a stereo track and do all your editing, clip gain, and audiosuite processing. Last you'd consolidate if you need to turn it back into a complete clip and then export your final file.

No "multitrack" workflow required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 10-23-2017, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Fomer Adobe Audition 3.0 User, Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
Not if you don't want to. You can import to a stereo track and do all your editing, clip gain, and audiosuite processing. Last you'd consolidate if you need to turn it back into a complete clip and then export your final file.

No "multitrack" workflow required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks. Followed your instructions for above. They makes sense given the platform. I finished all my editing last night and went into export a master mix this morning and received an error message for my EQ track that the track is unable to perform Elastic Audio because an audio file on the playlist is unsupported for Elastic Audio processing as it is read only.

I looked in my local and all that particular file name in the error doesn't exist although a -01 version of the file it's calling does.