Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 04-13-2017, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Development of the Venue line

Hi Ryan!
Avid already has two capable engines in the product line. This is only my opinion, but Avid could utilize the tech they already have developed, but increase the surface offerings available to S series console users. Such a product could tap into the in between market where S6 surface is too deep and S3 surface is a little too shallow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2017, 09:43 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSendra View Post
But S6 is 1 year old more or less and should be easy to implement something to make easy share signals/channels between both consoles of the same product-line and manufacter, isn't?

It's a bit more complex than that, SC48 Remote was the first AVB foray within Avid and the way it was implemented was non-standard. Back then there wasn't really a standard. Then when moving to S3L, the AVB format was a bit different, and yet again with S6L, so as we've evolved and as AVB has evolved, we're finally in a standardized place, but getting the older devices to play in that world takes a touch more effort. I'm not saying it's not possible, just that it's not always particularly simple.

Fortunately we've got a lot of big manufacturers out there working with us and we've unified AVB in a way that allows interoperability between the devices with minimal effort. And our goal IS to be able to directly connect into devices like these from other manufacturers, and from our own other products.

As mentioned above you may notice that some high end brands have released or have announced AVB products, including L'Acoustics, Meyer, MOTU, D&B, and quite a few more.

[email protected]
Old 04-13-2017, 09:45 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingthor View Post
well i never used one, but i'm happy to repeat myself:
-the aux sends per channel per aux send pick-off point selection: pre EQ Post comp, pre EQ Pre comp or just post

-not sure how the pick-offs are on S6L on MTX, but it would make sense if they weren't global as the are on the Venue line. It's so much nicer to have Recording/ Camera feed of an MTX wich is pre L-R processing. and the feeds to other speaker arrays be post L-R. On the venue it is pretty silly.

-per channel different aux scope, of course you link snapshots, but it takes more time when programming.
With exception of the per channel pickoff points, all of those other requests are in S6L.

[email protected]
Old 04-13-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
(...) As mentioned above you may notice that some high end brands have released or have announced AVB products, including L'Acoustics, Meyer, MOTU, D&B, and quite a few more.
First thanks for your attention; second, yes: new AVB products are here (totally agree with that, nothin' against). Will not talk about DANTE world...

So, time to wait the new S3L-X software and new surface for next year (or ¿before?). Give a lot of confidence with that! :)
Old 04-15-2017, 08:57 AM
Avid

I'm sure there will be an announcement soon.

[email protected]
Old 04-15-2017, 11:01 AM

We'll be waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk