Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2009, 06:13 PM

Default Protools LE not recognizing mbox 2

My guitar teacher said theres a patch I can download here that fixes that problem.

Can someone tell me which patch i should download.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Protools LE not recognizing mbox 2

Need a lot more info. Start here:
Help us help you - what you need to know before posting!
then here
General Troubleshooting - Pro Tools LE on Windows (XP & Vista)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-05-2009, 08:46 PM

Computer is HP
OS - Windows XP ( Service pack 3 )
Digidesign Mbox 2
Protools Version 7.4
2 gigs of RAM

What other information do you need?

I have tried going to device manager and installing the drivers that way, tried reinstalling protools. Nothing works.

Honestly i dont know what else to try, except to install this update, and i have no idea which update to actually install.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotpet11 View Post
Computer is HP
OS - Windows XP ( Service pack 3 )
Digidesign Mbox 2
Protools Version 7.4
2 gigs of RAM

What other information do you need?
Did you actually read through the links he provided?

From here:
Help us help you
Windows users need to provide a Sandra report, as indicated in the Setup and General Troubleshooting thread (information on how to download Sandra and generate the report is included in those threads).

The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for Tech Support and other users to assist you - take the time now to document everything you can and you'll save time in the long run.

If you have been referred to this thread and reply without providing the information requested above, including the Sandra report for Windows users, your post is very likely to be given lower priority in favor of those who have provided complete information.

From here:
General Troubleshooting - Pro Tools LE Windows
Note: To enable other users to help you, please include all of your system details when posting an issue to the DUC; Pro Tools hardware, Pro Tools software version, CPU, OS version, Motherboard make/model, chipset, amount of RAM, type of hard drives used, etc.

- Please - Use SiSoftware's Sandra Lite application to generate a full system profile:

www.sisoftware.co.uk

Under SiSoftware Sandra, click on "Download & Buy" to download the free Sandra Lite version or purchase other versions. After installing Sandra, click on the 'Hardware' tab and run the 'Computer Overview', then copy and paste into your post here on the DUC.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:54 PM

Is it really that much trouble to just give me answer on which update I need???

Im pretty sure I dont need to give you more info for you to tell me what I need.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotpet11 View Post

Im pretty sure I dont need to give you more info for you to tell me what I need.
I guess you would know best then.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:05 AM

Is it really that much trouble to follow a few simple links, click the mouse once or twice, and provide necessary info?
(Why do you think he asked for it in the first place, you want a good guess or some real help here???)
No info=no help......
Old 08-06-2009, 09:09 AM

"My blue car is making a funny noise. My friend said there is a part I need to replace that will fix it. What part do I need to replace to fix the noise my blue car is making?"

Answer my question, and we will answer yours.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 03-06-2010, 12:42 PM

I had to sign up just to reply to this ... This is the reason it's so frustrating trying to find an answer on the net. You guys obviously have no idea how to solve his problem. I have the same problem and I solved it before with a simple download ... unfortunately i had my computer cleaned and I need the download again. But instead of moving on to answer something you know how to fix you need everything from the computers model number to the guys mothers social security number before you can even give him the runaround with a bunch of BS you THINK is the problem.

There is a reason Windows vista does not acknowledge the mbox and there is a standard fix ... there is nothing unique about his situation...if you know the standard fix answer if not STFU

P.S. If dude wanted to read through a bunch of links that also don't have the answer to his problem or if he wanted to work through it himself he would have done that ... the point of these forums is to connect people with questions with people with answers not people who can give you links that MAY answer your question
Old 03-06-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancecdr View Post
I had to sign up just to reply to this ... This is the reason it's so frustrating trying to find an answer on the net. You guys obviously have no idea how to solve his problem. I have the same problem and I solved it before with a simple download ... unfortunately i had my computer cleaned and I need the download again. But instead of moving on to answer something you know how to fix you need everything from the computers model number to the guys mothers social security number before you can even give him the runaround with a bunch of BS you THINK is the problem.

There is a reason Windows vista does not acknowledge the mbox and there is a standard fix ... there is nothing unique about his situation...if you know the standard fix answer if not STFU

P.S. If dude wanted to read through a bunch of links that also don't have the answer to his problem or if he wanted to work through it himself he would have done that ... the point of these forums is to connect people with questions with people with answers not people who can give you links that MAY answer your question
Just so you are aware, no one wants to give anyone the run around, they ask for this information with a very good reason in mind. If the MBox is not being recognized it might as well be the chipset the computer is running, or any number of other things that may or may not be involved. The latest drivers for the MBOX will contain all the latest fixes, so without knowing exactly what configuration his computer is, there is absolutely no way to tell someone to "just download this". That wouldn't help anyone. Especially if it doesn't work.
This forum really is full of people that are intent on helping to fix problems.

Information is vital.