Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-11-2009, 05:08 AM

Default Dithering....

Hi,

I've just started using OZONE 4 for Mastering and I believe that when using presets that dithering is included.

So,

As far as I'm aware, if I choose 'CD Master' preset then by default a dither setting is engaged and so I don't need to insert a dithering plugin on the MAster Buss as well.

I can see an 'X' in a box (in OZONE 4) to turn off dithering but I can find where the dithering page or settings can be accessed. I've gone through the manual but I can't seem to find it.

So, please, If you know how to access the Dithering 'window' / 'pane' in Ozone 4 then please let me know.....

Thanks

Old 07-11-2009, 06:05 AM

Default Re: Dithering....

I have used only the trial version..but I believe the dither settings from the preset or on the Limiter page. When you open up the plugin, there are six parameters on the bottom, after you choose a preset..those parameters that are being used will have a small red light next to them. You can click on the circle like button and it will allow you to manual change those settings and such.

So, to answer your question exactly:Click the button next to the Limiter and the dither settings are on that page. The default settings from the cd master preset are good just as they are, but play around with it..don't be afraid to change stuff..that's the best way to learn. If you don't like the changes you made, you can also reload the preset and be back to square one.

Hope this helps. Oh, and if you want to make the song louder..go to limiter page and pull down on the threshold..that will bring up the overall volume of your mix and make sure the plugin is on the master fader inserts, I put it at the end of the inserts. Then you can export the track at cd standard 16bit 44.1k, stereo interleaved.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Dithering....

Thanks,

the dithering is on the 'Loudness Maximizer' button on the bottom left.

Cool.