Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2004, 09:04 PM

Default Pro Tools takes forever to start up

Hi-

I am just setting up a G4 1.25 gig dual boot computer that I have installed Pro Tools 5.1.3on the OS 9.2.2 side. The problem is that when I start Pro Tools it takes a very long time to start up. The delay seems to be after DAE launches and all of the plug-ins have loaded. That is when it just sits forever before the probram is ready to run.

I have tried increasing the memory to DAE and Pro Tools and it still does the same thing.

My set up is the G4 1.25 gig computer w/1 gig of ram, Magma/Pro Tools 13 slot chassis with mix core, 5 mix farms, 2DSP farms and 2 Sample Cell TDM cards.There is an ATTO Express PCI Pro Dual Channel SCSI Card that has an external drive hooked up to it.There is also an Aurora Fuse card in it.

This same setup worked flawlessly in my Quicksilver 733.

Any thoughts on how to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wayne