Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2016, 04:15 AM

Default Plugin Presets Missing

Recently when I've used Pro Tools the presets to certain plugins (possibly all, I haven't checked every one) have disappeared. There just the "factory default" in the pull down menu. Anyone run into this problem before?

Thanks,
-Adam
Old 12-17-2016, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Plugin Presets Missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam79 View Post
Recently when I've used Pro Tools the presets to certain plugins (possibly all, I haven't checked every one) have disappeared. There just the "factory default" in the pull down menu. Anyone run into this problem before?

Thanks,
-Adam
Are these Avid plugins, 3rd party or both? Also there are in most plugins two places to select presets - look at both and see what you get. Lastly some plugins just don't come with presets.

QAPLA!
Old 12-17-2016, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Are these Avid plugins, 3rd party or both? Also there are in most plugins two places to select presets - look at both and see what you get. Lastly some plugins just don't come with presets.
It's just the Pro Tools related ones. I have a UA Apollo and all those presets still show up, as well as all the presets from the Waves plugins. I know that all plugins don't have presets, but the ones I'm talking about definitely had them the other day; this just randomly happened yesterday or the day before.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
It's just the Pro Tools related ones. I have a UA Apollo and all those presets still show up, as well as all the presets from the Waves plugins. I know that all plugins don't have presets, but the ones I'm talking about definitely had them the other day; this just randomly happened yesterday or the day before.
Are you clicking on where it says 'factory default'? Call up the 7 band eq and click there and see if there's any presets. If there's nothing there I'd first do a permissions repair and if nothing then delete prefs and databases and if still nothing do a reinstall of everything PT related.

QAPLA!
Old 12-17-2016, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Are you clicking on where it says 'factory default'? Call up the 7 band eq and click there and see if there's any presets. If there's nothing there I'd first do a permissions repair and if nothing then delete prefs and databases and if still nothing do a reinstall of everything PT related.
Ya, I'm clicking on the preset pull down menu that initially says "factory default." The 7 band EQ was the first plug I noticed was missing the presets. How do I do the permissions repair? I'm on a MacBook Pro. ere are the prefs and databases located (what's the folder path)? Thanks.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:39 PM

Trashing preferences, etc:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=374551
Old 12-18-2016, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Ya, I'm clicking on the preset pull down menu that initially says "factory default." The 7 band EQ was the first plug I noticed was missing the presets. How do I do the permissions repair? I'm on a MacBook Pro. ere are the prefs and databases located (what's the folder path)? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
Oops - for got to enter what I wanted to say. The above is for trashing prefs & databases. As to repairing permissions the old way is to use OSX disk utility to do the job - you'd select the disk you wanted to repair permissions on and select repair permissions. I say old way because in Sierra Apple removed the ability command line ability to repair permissions (can't do it in Terminal IOW). There are supposedly third party utility solutions to do the job but I know nothing about those.

QAPLA!
Old 01-08-2017, 01:21 PM

I downloaded the PT Prefs Apps, ran it, and the presets are still missing. I also ran verify disk on the Disk Utility and the it did nothing to restore the presets. Where do I go from here? Thanks.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I downloaded the PT Prefs Apps, ran it, and the presets are still missing. I also ran verify disk on the Disk Utility and the it did nothing to restore the presets. Where do I go from here? Thanks.
Verify disk won't restore your presets. Nor will whatever this 'PT prefs apps' is whatever that is (the Pete Gates utility maybe?). The only thing that will is IF you have a clone of your system. Drive space is cheap nowadays so there's no excuse for not making a working clone of your system. I use Carbon Copy Cloner for that and it's saved my bacon more than once.

Of course if the presets were missing to begin with there's nothing that will restore at least the factory presets (if there were any) except for a reinstall.

QAPLA!