Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2000, 12:15 AM

Default Sound out of 888 from other apps

I still can't seem to get audio auditions out of the 888 from sample search. (9600 200mhz 192 meg ram 8.6 o/s 5.0.1). I could do this under 5.0 with no problems. I tried using the driver 1.4b as suggested in other threads and it still doesn't work. Listening through small spkrs from the mac just doesn't make it. Is there a fix for this problem digi? I'm not ready to make the jump to o/s 9.0.4. Help please. Thanks, Craig
Old 09-12-2000, 05:01 AM
Avid

Default Re: Sound out of 888 from other apps

-Can you get system sounds or any other application to route out of the Digi Hardware when "Digidesign" is selected in the Sound Control Panel?

-If you have Pro Tools launched when you audtition samples, make sure that "Active In Background" is disabled.

Since you are still running Mac OS 8.6, I would suggest removing the Digidesign Control Panel, install the Digi Output Drivers Extension and see if things change.

Brent
Old 09-12-2000, 01:52 PM

and you might have to find the "Sound" control panel as the one that came with OS8.1 doesn't let you choose digidesign for output -- I got the one that comes with OS9.0 and put that on my PT machine.
Old 09-14-2000, 05:09 PM

I switched to Init and DAE 5.01 for DP (with PT 5.0) reasons awhile back, and it works fine - however, this combination prevented Masterlist from aquiring the hardware. When I switched back, Masterlist reaquired the hardware (I haven't been back to this board for months, so I would imagine it's been covered extensively).
Now I keep a folder on the desktop that has an INIT and a DAE in it. WHen I need Masterlist, I just drag vers. 5.01 out and put 5.0 back in. Works great, and no need for a restart....

Sean H

Scofield...
Old 09-15-2000, 10:46 AM

Brent- I got rid of the digi control panel and tried both the sound drivers 1.4.2 and 1.4.2xxb. Nothing seems to work. Nothing will play through the 888 from any app including standard Mac sounds. Any more ideas? Help! Thanks, Craig
Old 09-17-2000, 08:00 PM

I am having the exact same problem:
Despite having the Sound Control Panel installed, and selecting Digidesign as the output in the Sound control panel, I cannot get audio out of my 888/16s from applications other than PT or Peak TDM.
I will try tonight getting rid of the Digi Control Panel as was suggested previously.... but that didnt' work for the person who originally posted this message.

I am using 300MHz B/W G3, PT Mix with one PT24 DSP card and two 888/16s attached to teh MIX card via a Y cable.

Others who experience this problem: Are you using 888/16s or 888/24s? While I have no real REASON for believing this, I have a sneaking suspicion that it has something to do with using 888/16s with 5.0.1

PLEASE REPLY! Not being able to integrate my DIGI gear with any of my other software is really, REALLY hurting my productivity.

Vance

Old 09-18-2000, 05:23 AM
Avid

fx,
What kind of hardware are you running? Digi Output Drivers are required for d24, Mix and Digi001 hardware. Digi Sound Drivers are required for Disk I/O, PT Project and AMIII hardware.

Have you tried Output drivers 1.4 (non beta)?

What version of QuickTime are you running?

-Trash the Sound Preferences

-Open the Extensions Manager Control Panel. From the selected set pop-up menu, select “OS 8.x base” click on “Duplicate Set" at the bottom of the window and name the set. Scroll down and enable the DigiSystem INIT, Digidesign DSP Manager, Digidesign Output drivers, the Open Music System Extension and restart.

Sean,
MLCD communicates with our hardware via Direct I/O. The Direct I/O code was removed from DSI 5.0.1 and was made a separate extension. Therefore, you will need to install the Direct I/O 5.0.1 extension for MLCD when running DSI 5.0.1

Brent
Old 09-18-2000, 08:42 AM

Craig - I had a similar problem (though not the same) trying to acquire *inputs* on a computer which was running Powermix. The only fix was a re-install of the system - trashing sound prefs and re-installing sound drivers and control panels would not do it.

Good luck,
Rich

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6