Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2010, 05:40 PM

Default 192 lightpipe optical out set-up, digital monitoring

I'de really appreciate some help with this

pt 8.0.4
192i/o
win xp

im trying to connect my 192i/o with digital card to my logitech digital stereo speakers with a lightpipe optical cable.I use to monitor this way with my 003, was quite an easy set up. i think im missing something obvious, not really sure how to setup my i\o or HardWare in HD. i followed these instructions and tried to come out via optical enclosure (not adat, digital card), but to no avail

For Output of Pro Tools using Optical port on Enclosure section of 192 I/O:
1) In Pro Tools > Setups > HW setup > Doesn't matter what's set for Digital Tab.
2) Main tab: Set Digital Format is set to AES or S/PDIF.
3) Main Tab: Set analog outputs 9 - 16 to Optical 1 - 2 (ADAT), Optical 3 - 4 (ADAT) etc.
4) In Pro Tools > Setups > I/O Setups: Click on Output Tab. Press "Default" button. Now, all inputs will all show up as A 1 - 16.
5) Set output of audio tracks to A 9 - 16 for output through the optical connection of Enclosure Optical Port.

i think im having a tuff time with # 5. it appears that #5 was also set up by default. outputs 9-16 already appear to have optical outs set from 9-16.

i guess what im asking is. is this the proper procedure for what im trying to do?

all help is appreciated