Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 06:21 AM

Default digital out for monitoring

Hello everyone,

I wish to send digital output from my 002 to my Rosetta 200 for better D/A conversion. I have attempted to wire and configure for this, but have not succeeded in getting it to work.

I have been able to successfully get analog audio coming into the Rosetta to output and play through my monitors, which are connected through the analog outs of the Rosetta. So I know that the Rosetta is working properly in that respect.

But I have not been able to get sound out of the monitors when the input of the Rosetta is digital from the 002.

I tried following the reference guide for the Rosetta, but I was confused a little by its lack of thorough explanation (there is no explicit instructions for this type of configuration).

So my questions are:

Could anyone provide a step-by-step set-up for digital out of 002 to the Rosetta digital in, then output through Rosetta's analog outputs?

Should I use SDIF or ADAT out of the 002?

Should the master clock be the 002 or the Rosetta for DA conversion?

Will the LED meters on the Rosetta show levels for digital in signals (I did not have my monitors on during all of my testing because I did not want to harm them by a hot signal, I was looking for LED meter readings before turning the monitors on to make sure the signal was going out)?

Does the output of the Master Fader need to be set to SPDIF instead of Main Out?

Thanks so much, in advance, if you are able to answer any one or all of my questions!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Re: digital out for monitoring

connect a SPDIF from the 002's out to the rossetta's IN. Set the 002 to use SPDIF as the clock. Make sure that all your channels - including your master - is set to SPDIF ( not Analog 1 / 2 )

you should be good to go

remember that this WILL NOT WORK w/ Low Latency monitoring ON. You will need to monitor thru the main outs

yeah.. I know....what a hassle