Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2011, 01:09 PM

Default Loud Popping

I upgraded the VENUE software to 2.9.1 on a Profile System (an installed system on a UPS) a few weeks ago. Since then about 10-15 minutes after the system is turned on we get a nasty pop over all outputs on the stage rack (after that there aren't any odd noises). There is no one patching when this happens. One of my techs was near the stage rack during one of the occurrences. He said all the inputs and outputs would light up (signal present). Yesterday same thing happens, except this time it also happened once halfway through a show distracting both the speaker and audience.

Any ideas that would help me figure out what is going on and how to fix this?

Thanks,
Phil
Old 11-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Avid

Default Re: Loud Popping

Hi Phil,

Give the support line a call at +1-650-731-6111. They can help troubleshoot further.

Is the system being clocked to an external word clock? Losing clock synch can cause pops (although this wouldn't cause the inputs to light up, as you describe). Are there any onscreen warnings/indications?

Sheldon
Old 01-03-2012, 08:31 PM

We've also encountered the same problem here in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We are suspecting the snake or the power issue as when it happens, the screens pops out CRC Error.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:49 AM

I have tryed something similar, we found the falty part and it was the IO card making the trouble, when all the IO's was un-patched it didn't make any truble.. It didnt make any errors on the screen..

// JAKX
Old 01-04-2012, 08:13 AM

i had my SC48 for 3 weeks and the internal clock went bad...had the same issues. externally clocking it solved the issues until a new one reached me. but it does sound like its losing sync. give avid support a call...they are the best tech support ive ever dealt with in my life. for that reason....im AVID for life.

Venue SC48
Macbook 13"
HP 2525TX Tablet
Motion Tablet LE1600
Mac Mini 2.6 dual core with 1TB 4gig Ram