Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2014, 10:26 PM

Default Unable to locate hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Click

I just bought Protools 11 for my Windows 8. After the first download everything seemed to download okay, everything opened, but my M-audio fast track pro interface seemed to be a little off. You could hear the sound from my keyboard used as midi, but it had a really bad delay and was really quiet. I watched several YouTube videos and all the settings seemed to be correct and still the problems. I previously used this interface on my Windows 7 with Protools SE with no issues at all so I know how to hook up everything correct. I figured this time I must have download the program and drivers wrong because I had no idea which ones to download from the installation CD to begin with so I downloaded all of them. I decided to uninstall everything and try it all again, but this time with only the drivers I need after a lot of research finding out I didnt need all of them. I made sure every file was off my computer before reinstalling again. I then tried to reinstall the interface driver first from here

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...ck-Pro-Drivers

and now its saying this error: M-audio Fast Track Pro 6.1.10 (x64) Setup Wizard ended prematurely.- And it wont download the driver. This is the same driver I downloaded the first time that worked. I then found a different driver below that might work to. Not really sure which one is the right one though.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ers&popup=true

This driver downloaded just fine and in my control panel>Device and Printers, it shows the interface and says its working properly, but when I click on the control panel and then the interface showing it says on bottom left corner Hardware not connected. And for some reason Protools is still not recognizing it and says this error when I try and open the program: Unable to locate hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Click OK when the hardware is ready.- Anyone know how to fix this so I can get in this program and start recording, its driving me crazy!? Thanks.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Unable to locate hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Cl

Wait.... so you can't DOWNLOAD the driver OR you can't INSTALL the driver?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-26-2014, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Unable to locate hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Cl

The driver downloads on my computer, but when I try and install it is when the message pops up and it stops. The computer is reading the interface because when I plug it into the USB the red X next to the speaker icon on bottom right of computer goes away.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:30 AM

Did you disable USB power management on ALL your USB ports?
Old 06-28-2014, 12:10 AM

I tried enabling and disabling all of them and the driver still says this error when trying to install it: M-audio fast track pro 6.1.10 (X64) setup wizard ended prematurely. Any other suggestions? I really appreciate your help.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:35 AM

I'm going to try a system restore right before I initially downloaded
Old 06-28-2014, 12:37 AM

Nevermind I don't have a system restore date prior to downloading protools and installing the drivers.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:54 AM
Admin Emeritus

Have you tried uninstalling the driver, and then running the installer again?
Old 06-28-2014, 01:17 AM

The driver isn't showing on my computer anymore. After I installed everything the first time and was having the issues I uninstalled everything including the driver and now it won't let me install the driver again. I tried installing similar drivers that do download, but don't work. I'm wondering if there are still traces of it on my computer somewhere from the first time I downloaded it and why it's creating the error to download it again.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwhat2 View Post
The driver isn't showing on my computer anymore. After I installed everything the first time and was having the issues I uninstalled everything including the driver and now it won't let me install the driver again. I tried installing similar drivers that do download, but don't work. I'm wondering if there are still traces of it on my computer somewhere from the first time I downloaded it and why it's creating the error to download it again.
I'd go through the Windows Registry with CCleaner and clean out all the little bits and bobs leftover from previous installs.

QAPLA!