Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2011, 05:55 PM

Default Managing Sessions

Is it the norm to have Pro Tools and plug-ins on the system drive, sessions including all recorded audio on a separate drive and then videos and samples (samples for VI's) on a 3rd drive?

And how do you back all of this up? Were quickly racking up on the amount of HDD's lol.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamPT8 View Post
Is it the norm to have Pro Tools and plug-ins on the system drive, sessions including all recorded audio on a separate drive and then videos and samples (samples for VI's) on a 3rd drive?

And how do you back all of this up? Were quickly racking up on the amount of HDD's lol.
You got it.

Personally, I have individual backup drives for the VIs and sessions, and then another 2TB drive that has everything on it, and another 2TB clone of the mass backup.

I alternate biweekly between the two 2TB drives, and clone them to each other once a month.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 03-15-2011, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Managing Sessions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
You got it.

Personally, I have individual backup drives for the VIs and sessions, and then another 2TB drive that has everything on it, and another 2TB clone of the mass backup.

I alternate biweekly between the two 2TB drives, and clone them to each other once a month.
There's someone with a good plan^^^. I use a separate drive for samples and 2 recording drives(total of 4 internal). I also backup my sessions to both recording drives as well as externals. I also clone my system drive, and keep the last working setup or two on more spare drives.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-17-2011, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Managing Sessions

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
There's someone with a good plan^^^. I use a separate drive for samples and 2 recording drives(total of 4 internal). I also backup my sessions to both recording drives as well as externals. I also clone my system drive, and keep the last working setup or two on more spare drives.
I use 4 drives also - Two external- one for recordings and sessions and another for patches and sound files. Two Internal - My C Drive and another for B/U. Also a USB drive that I back an ISO image of my hard drive to.
Win7 64bit
PT9 CPTK2
AVID MBox Pro
Axiom Pro 49

[email protected]
lhawkins.com