How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2014, 08:34 AM

Default Midi CC support Protools 11

Hi All

I think this must be a basic question - but so basic that either I am having a bad day, or it really cannot be done (but if not - why not).

Really simple. I have Pro Tools 11 (latest version) on high end windows system. I have lets us say a VI instrument in an instrument track. I can control this instrument with midi (obviously). I have recorded a midi track using my external controller. The midi piano roll has all this midi data (including expression, foot peddle etc). So far so good.

Now suppose my VI has a simple toggle button which resets something (in this case it is a word builder in a choir program. If I stop my midi track halfway through (for whatever reason) I need to push the reset button in the VI to bring the words back to the start - for when I play again from the beginning. Fine. However I do this manually.

The VI allows me to assign a Midi CC value to this button. Let us assume Midi CC 116.

Question: How and where can I control "input" this value at a certain point in my midi track to toggle the on off. Clearly, I want to put it just before the midi data for the choir vocals. I see no way of doing this from the midi piano roll.

I know I can do it using a midi controller - but I do not want to do this. I want the midi control of CC 116 (or other values) direct from pro tools and written into my midi score.

Is this possible. Must be? What am I missing?!!

thanks!

Mark
Old 09-21-2014, 09:13 AM

Default Re: Midi CC support Protools 11

Sorted !

Was being thick

Just went to track view and selected controllers. Assigned a new controller to midi CC116. So that 0 is "off" and 127 is "on" - works just as I wanted.