Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-21-2010, 03:13 PM

Default PT HD9 (running native with motu) running out of memory

Just wondering if anyone else had had this issue... i'm runnning a 8 core harpertown and once i get to a certain amount of plugins in a session pro tools eventually says critically low on memory and gets crumby and finally quits.. it also wont save sessions at this point... im running no VI's and just plugins (mostly waves) .. I'm not using more than 30% of the CPU so it should be able to handle more and i don't think i am really using that many .. possibly 35-40 plugs on average! is this normal ? is there any way around this or is this a problem with native plugin counts .. i don't seem to remember gettign this problem with logic or DP .. they seem to be able to handl many more plugs... i have noticed that i am using 4gb memory so assume it is correct.. maybe pt is really inefficient with plugins? ? hmmm thoughts welcome
Old 11-21-2010, 07:34 PM

Default Re: PT HD9 (running native with motu) running out of memory

This is also a problem in Logic 9 and above while working in 32bit. NOT a problem in Logic 8 (which is why I downgraded back to v.8) Logic in 64bit gets away from this problem but then there are very few plug-ins that are 64bit. This means that logic has to run in bridge mode which makes it much more unstable with certain plug-ins. Don't know why a number of software releases this last year in 32bit have memory issues. Very frustrating.

Syn-g
www.bulletsage.com