Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2010, 02:50 AM

Default Beat Detective skipping a beat

I am trying to generate beat markers in a tune that has tempo changes. There is an audio click track and I am using that with Beat Detective to generate Bar/Beat markers. everything is fine on the first 12 bars. Using Show Trigger Time bar 13 goes 13-1 13-3 13-4. Bar 13-2 is missing and the tempo between bar 1 and 3 is doubled from the rest of the tune. Beat 3 SHOULD be labelled beat 2. There is a dim light blue line between the purple lines on bars 1 and 3 (sorry I can't post an image). There is no audio where the dim light blue line is.

I've screwed around with the Selection resolution, High/Low emphasis, sensitivity etc but cannot resolve it.

Thanks,
Steve

Mac OS 10.5.8
PT LE 8.0.3
MBOX 2 PRO
Old 01-31-2010, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Beat Detective skipping a beat

I just found this in the manual regarding the Beat Detective selection:

"the selection should not contain any meter or tempo changes".

If that is the case how does one generate a tempo map for a song that has tempo changes?
Old 01-31-2010, 07:08 AM

Use identify beat for every 4 to 8 measures of the song. When you get to a meter change I still Ib it and then go to meter change in your menus, hilight the bar that needs the change, make sure it's in samples not ticks on the track, change my settings to 5/4 or whatever your doing, hit enter then apply.Bd from there should be easy.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 01-31-2010, 07:28 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I've got tempo changes, not meter changes, though. IB was ignoring beats when I tried to apply it to a range. I wound up using IB for each beat, one at a time, using tab to transients. Tedious but got the job done.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Marcotte View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I've got tempo changes, not meter changes, though. IB was ignoring beats when I tried to apply it to a range. I wound up using IB for each beat, one at a time, using tab to transients. Tedious but got the job done.
spend some time messing with it. after you have the tempo is the best time to do it.
just be slow and cautious and the earlier in the session you do it the better. but use the change meter under event, hilight the section and change settings. pretty easy. i have been working with a progressive group the last year so gotten REALLY good w it!! actually find the correct meter is sometimes the hardest part. let me know if i can help.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10