Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2016, 03:15 PM

Default UA Apollo Plugin Window

No one ever answers me on the UA forum so I figured to give here a try.. When in the UA Console app, I can't change the size of the plug in preset window...the one that pops up when u click on inserts. Alot of the names get cut off on the right column and it won't let me make the window bigger. Anyone had this problem and found a solution?
It also won't let me choose amps in the amp room plugin...the cursor is supposed to change to an arrow when it's above the amp.
Having both these problems makes me think I have a setting in the OR that's screwing with the cursor in the app. Just a guess tho.
Once again, I know this isn't a direct PT question, but it's been bugging the **** outta me and your my last hope, obi won.

Thanks,
Adam
Old 06-03-2016, 03:36 PM

Console 1 or Console 2?

What size of display?

What resolution?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:58 PM

Default Re: UA Apollo Plugin Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Console 1 or Console 2?

What size of display?

What resolution?
Hmm.. I didnt know there was a 1 and 2. It just says Console (no mention of the # in the settings). What's the differemce between the two? I have the silver Apollo. It's the console app that let's you add plugins and play around w/ the tracks, like the cue and stuff.. and then bring those settings into PT.
I have a MacBook Pro 15" 2880 x 1800 Retina display. The plugin window only takes up a small portion of the screen; the cursor just doesnt change to arrows when i put it at the edge (of the window). It's weird that the same, no arrow, problem happens in that amp room plugin window too (for that it's inside the window, not at the edge, trying to expand it). It's also odd that there's no option to maximize the window. I might have to open a case with UA...they're always quick w/ responses and cool to deal with. Now that I think about it, I'm suprised I havent already done that.
Thanks.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:07 AM

What you are describing ainīt no bug nor an issue but the regular behavior of the Console app. There are just some limitations obviously.
You canīt resize the plugin windows, you only can minimize it or put it back to one single regular size.
You also cannot change amps by clicking on the amps only (or above them). You have to use the presets.
And, yes, the cursor changes to an arrow which normally changes the function as well. Not so in the Console app in many cases.
However you can click on every knob, button whatever in the plugin window which cover a particular function and it will work as supposed to.

My system works perfectly fine, no issues at all. Itīs just like it is in the UA Console app.
Btw you can adjust the basic Console window to any screen/display size by double clicking on itīs frame but thatīs it. You cannot change the plugins
size individually when having it opened in the insert slot. Again, you can minimize it, put it to the dock below and you can resize it to itīs standard
size. Thatīs it. Well, yeah, you can close it down as well. Simply no more options. Even if the cursor/arrow seems to promise more.

Nevertheless you may check out if you use the right/the latest version of UA software/driver for your Apollo. Check it out there.
http://www.uaudio.com/support/uad/86.html
Just select your particular interface and your OS platform (Mac or WIN), download and install the right stuff.
Anyway it will not change anything of the behavior within the Console app you have described above. Gotta live with it.

And, yes, there is a version 1 and a version 2 of the Console app but if you download and use the latest versions of the UA software/drivers you will
have version 2 automatically (UA Console app is included in the UA software). Check out the attached images. Image 1 will be show Console version 1,
image 2 shows Console version 2.
Exception-if you use any version of OS X prior to Mavericks 10.9, you will have to find your suiting version of UA software/drivers under -Archives-.
http://www.uaudio.com/support/uad/archives.html

All the best to you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Console 1.jpg (89.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Console 2.jpg (63.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-27-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRW View Post
And, yes, there is a version 1 and a version 2 of the Console app but if you download and use the latest versions of the UA software/drivers you will
have version 2 automatically (UA Console app is included in the UA software). Check out the attached images. Image 1 will be show Console version 1,
image 2 shows Console version 2.
Exception-if you use any version of OS X prior to Mavericks 10.9, you will have to find your suiting version of UA software/drivers under -Archives-.
http://www.uaudio.com/support/uad/archives.html

All the best to you.
I'm definitely using Console 2 then. Is the only difference between the two the GUI?
Old 09-27-2016, 02:16 PM

No you can save presets, or stacks of plugs or chains however you want to call it.

There is functionality to hide all of the plug-ins that you don't own.

I believe there's some more features as well in console v2 but I quit caring after I sold my Apollo-

It was pretty clear there weren't supporting the FW silver face anymore.... I still don't believe they have released console v2 for that FW Silverfaced Apollo yet

Old 09-27-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
No you can save presets, or stacks of plugs or chains however you want to call it.

There is functionality to hide all of the plug-ins that you don't own.

I believe there's some more features as well in console v2 but I quit caring after I sold my Apollo-

It was pretty clear there weren't supporting the FW silver face anymore.... I still don't believe they have released console v2 for that FW Silverfaced Apollo yet
Is it just the FW silverfaces not being supported? I have the silver Apollo DUO (Thunderbolt) and I'm using the latest Console version, 8.74, without issue. I'm pretty sure it's Console 2 going by the pictures you posted.
UA literally released the newer blackface version a month or two after I bought my silverface. However, I definitely did a decent amount of research before the purchase and I never came across anything about a newer model on the horizon. One big downside I've noticed is that the resale value went way down once the blackface came out.
I have read some forum posts by people being disappointed with a setting change on the blackface that I can't quite recall. I think the biggest upgrade was to the preamps.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:24 PM

It's a great box and I really liked mine....

But yeah the resale went down , way down.

FW was the one we were waiting for....the lower picture is V2

Old 09-29-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam79 View Post
Is it just the FW silverfaces not being supported? I have the silver Apollo DUO (Thunderbolt) and I'm using the latest Console version, 8.74, without issue. I'm pretty sure it's Console 2 going by the pictures you posted.
UA literally released the newer blackface version a month or two after I bought my silverface. However, I definitely did a decent amount of research before the purchase and I never came across anything about a newer model on the horizon. One big downside I've noticed is that the resale value went way down once the blackface came out.
I have read some forum posts by people being disappointed with a setting change on the blackface that I can't quite recall. I think the biggest upgrade was to the preamps.
If you are using software version 8.7 with an Apollo Duo Thunderbolt you definitely are using Console 2. There is no Console 1 with v8.7 for the Thunderbolt units anymore.

Actually I have answered your questions in my prior post. The things you complained about are just fact. No bug, no software issue. Just kinda limitations which come with
this software. Anyway to be honest I cannot say that it affects my personal workflow in a serious and unbearable way. However if it does bother you that much you probably
better sell the Apollo and replace it with another interface. On the other hand those silver Apollo Thunderbolt units are still really good ones. Some say they even prefer them
over the new black ones for some reasons. You may forget to look for the color by the way but better look for the connection type of the particular unit. The Thunderbolt units
all use Console 2 as it is simply part of the current software now. No matter if they are silver or black.

Once again, if you want to keep your definitely good quality Apollo Thunderbolt Duo you need to get by with the limitations of Console software. There is no way out finally but
this one or change/replace the interface/the brand.

Whichever road you decide to go, the best of success to you, have fun!

Cheers.