Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2018, 06:54 PM

Default Re: UVI Workstation & Falcon included with Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillHollow View Post
A friendly reminder to commit or print any tracks you make with Falcon or any other “free” plugins with your PT subscription. This way you aren’t held hostage should your license accidentally expire in the future or you become so fed up with something Avid does that you bag ProTools altogether.

To be clear, I love ProTools especially after the nightmare that was Sonar for so many years but I have never installed any of the “free” plug-ins because of this particular reason.

I will install Falcon but print IMMEDIATELY after settling on sounds for any tracks, then inactivate the Falcon track so I know not to work with anymore.

Did I hear Biotek is the same way or is that a perpetual license no matter what happens?
I agree 100%. If you give something away for free do it from you’re heart not for money. I won’t download falcon if it’s tied to a renewal plan. I hate to worry about it not running if I don’t keep pro tools updated yearly. Hopefully I’m wrong
Old 12-05-2018, 07:06 PM

As of today still no sign of this in my account. I lost my day gig in September (turned 60 and they fired me), so I have to carefully weigh what I spend now. I had purchased Cubase Pro 9.5 in the summer, so now I have to make a decision on spending $99 for my PT plan OR spend the same to upgrade Cubase Pro to 10. Avid hasn’t impressed me lately and I still can’t get a “RESONABLY” priced license for Pro Tools HD 10 to run my HD4 rig on. Everything Avid does going forward will determine where I spend my little dollars.

I’ve already purchased lots of VIs that work both PT and Cubase, the Complete Air Collection, Steven Slate Drums; 3.5 EX, 4 and 5. I had purchased Sonnivox Orchestral Strings for $1 and noticed yesterday that an asset for their Twist synthesizer was in my iLok account while looking for Falcon. I also have subscriptions for Slate Digital, McDSP, Relab and have plugins from Waves, Metric Halo and others so I am in no way tied to Avid at this point.

I have little hope Avid will impress me going forward. I mean in the last year of the subscription I paid $99 I’ve not really gotten a lot for that $99. My needs are to get my HD4 tracking rig happening which means before I spend another $99 on my 2018.7 mixing rig I will buy a second hand iLok asset for PT 10 HD and upgrade to Cubase 10. I love Pro Tools and always have, but I need other things and if Avid is happy watching my $$$ go to 2nd hand sales or the competition so be it.

In November Samplitude Suite bundled with Sound Forge was on sale for $199. Sure it’s a PITA to use, but DAMN it sounds good. That sale will come up again, when it does I’ll go for it.

Well?
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Old 12-06-2018, 04:25 AM

Has anyone actually received their authorization yet? I check my iLok account every day and it still hasn't arrived. I'm getting tired of clicking 'no' when asked if I want to move it to the Unused Plugins folder.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:23 AM

In this thread. Falcon tech issue requires a “manual” distribution. (?)

Yes. As other Avid “free” they are tied to avid-active-only.
Nothing actually being given away “perpetually”.
Just on loan.

I personally like my software to age with the system it works best on.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillHollow View Post
Did I hear Biotek is the same way or is that a perpetual license no matter what happens?

Biotek wasn't downloaded from Avid, but directly from Tracktion using a promo code that Avid supplied. So, that leads me to believe that Biotek is perpetual no matter what. There's no iLok license code for it either.

Old 12-06-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWing View Post
Shades of AIR Music Donald?

Maybe. East-West announced their new library "Voices of Opera" coming "this winter". Reminded me of Game of Thrones: "Winter is coming".

Old 12-06-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmusic View Post
Why do they put a date on something not ready? Just be honest with the release date
+1...

https://linktr.ee/sergius128
Old 12-06-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Bazilian View Post
Has anyone actually received their authorization yet? I check my iLok account every day and it still hasn't arrived. I'm getting tired of clicking 'no' when asked if I want to move it to the Unused Plugins folder.
I haven't received it. Emailed Avid and got the "...we will let you know when it's in your account..." answer.

I don't understand why make an announcement when you're not ready to deliver...

https://linktr.ee/sergius128
Old 12-06-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Bazilian View Post
Yes and had it running for 3 days now.

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 12-06-2018, 12:42 PM

Two of our systems have the UVI software available at Avid.com but the rest do not. None have iLok assets deposited.