Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2013, 09:38 PM

Default Sound Distortion/Buzzing In Pro Tools SE?

Hey so yesterday (6/15/2013) I bought my M-Audio KeyStudio. After waiting like 5 hours for Pro Tools to install I got straight to work. Today I've been having an issue with the sound; After like 5-10 minutes or working the sound gets distorted or buzzy, depending on the instrument or loop it may even crackle. I haven't found a way around it besides unplugging my M-Audio Micro USB AI, waiting for a few minutes or closing out Pro Tools. It only happens in Pro Tools, I keep the M-Audio Micro USB plugged in when I use my other DAW's and they work flawlessly, but Pro Tools does it, and it is beginning to get to the point where it is slowing my production. Any tips?

EDIT: I now see that this is quite common, but I dont see any threads for PT LE or for people using the M-Audio Micro USB AI, mostly the M-Audio Minibox 2

Last edited by StereoProphet; 06-15-2013 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Adding newfound information
Old 06-16-2013, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Sound Distortion/Buzzing In Pro Tools SE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoProphet View Post
Hey so yesterday (6/15/2013) I bought my M-Audio KeyStudio. After waiting like 5 hours for Pro Tools to install I got straight to work. Today I've been having an issue with the sound; After like 5-10 minutes or working the sound gets distorted or buzzy, depending on the instrument or loop it may even crackle. I haven't found a way around it besides unplugging my M-Audio Micro USB AI, waiting for a few minutes or closing out Pro Tools. It only happens in Pro Tools, I keep the M-Audio Micro USB plugged in when I use my other DAW's and they work flawlessly, but Pro Tools does it, and it is beginning to get to the point where it is slowing my production. Any tips?

EDIT: I now see that this is quite common, but I dont see any threads for PT LE or for people using the M-Audio Micro USB AI, mostly the M-Audio Minibox 2
Hi, Did any of the other posts have a solution? Not sure if you were exaggerating or not, but if it took 5 hours to install Pro Tools, something's very wrong.

Start here:

Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!

And make sure you do all of the Optimizations for your O/S. If that doesn't help, post details about your system - if you use Windows, please post a SANDRA.

Chris

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM