Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2008, 03:44 PM

Default ReVibe - Digi Tech support please help me sort this out!

Digi,

I am still fighting with the issue of not being able to use ReVibe, even though it is installed and the dpm in the plug-in folder.

Here's what I am looking at: I am working on a session that is already older (was created on PT 7.2 if I remember correct). In this session ReVibe shows up as an inactive plug-in on several auxes and stereo tracks. When I try to activate it, PT tells me that it can't activate the plug-in because either sample rate or multi-channel are not compatible.

Since I obviously used the plug in before in this session, this can't be a general ReVibe issue, correct?

So when I check on this page (http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...n=news_details)

you tell me to use for the system I work on the installer ReVibe 7.0 - which I can't find anywhere.

But when I check on the plug-in's page here (http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...=1&itemid=4097) the installer ReVibe 7.3 is supposed to be compatible with the system I work on.

Fact is, I used the later installer, and ReVibe is simply not working,. I tried all combinations of sample rate, bit rate, mono and stereo channels, still no ReVibe available in any session setup/channel number.

There is a proper ILok authorization, I went step by step through all "general troubleshooting" routines, nothing seems to work.

The System is
G5 Dual 2GHz Power PC
2GB RAM
OS x 10.4.11
ProTools 7.3.1 cs 6 HD2 Accel

Where's the catch?
Old 04-10-2008, 04:57 PM

Default Re: ReVibe - Digi Tech support please help me sort this out!

If you open up a brand new empty session, are you able to instantiate ReVibe?
Old 04-10-2008, 05:14 PM

No. I tried creating new sessions in all combinations of 48 and 44.1 kHz with 16 and 24 bit, tried on mono- and stereo tracks, but ReVibe isn't available in the plug in-list at all. neither in audio suite (though I don't remember if it should support AS..)

Jo
Old 04-10-2008, 05:19 PM

have you checked the read/wright permissions on the plug-in?

should be read/wight to work correctly

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 04-10-2008, 05:23 PM

Just checked now, read-write permissions are (and were) granted. Thanks for that hint though, wouldn't even have thought of checking that..

Jo