Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-07-2003, 05:46 PM

Default Pop/Noise on end of CD burn.

Just because I had it handy, I'm using CD Maker to attempt CD burning from 6.1 Windows MBox. I've only recorded one song, and when I burn it to CD, I get a little pop at the end. I've been careful to take down the volume via the volume window/breakpoints, and even tried to manually bring down the master when making the mix. There is no recorded audio at the point it makes the click/pop -- it's either been automated out or not existing at that point. Could it be the CD Maker software? Anyone experience this?
Old 08-07-2003, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Pop/Noise on end of CD burn.

I have experienced it before with cd burning programs not geared toward audio, like easy cd creator, and Nero and such. Usually it only happens randomly, and I would bet if you burned that CD again it wouldnt be there, you might also try burning a little slower than your drives top speed. This can help to reduce errors in the CD. I mean if your only burning one song you could take it down to like 8 or 10 x and still have a pretty quick burn.

In fact a lot of people would say that when you get ready to burn the CD you are going to get duplicated to burn at no higher than 2x. At least I think I have heard that before.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Pop/Noise on end of CD burn.

Try burning in "Disc at Once" mode instead of "Track at Once" mode, if you have this option. That might work. Did for me.
[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]