Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2004, 07:09 AM

Default Sorta OT - Is TAXI crap...or...

I just sort of stumbled on the TAXI website and it got me curious. I know some of you established guys have no need for this stuff, but i have good material, and few useful connections outside of my local area so of course this looks interesting to me. But if something looks too good to be true, its a scam.
Anyone used TAXI, a member? I want to hear success and horror stories.

Talk to the eye...

Old 05-24-2004, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Sorta OT - Is TAXI crap...or...

this is the TAXI I am talking about - http://www.taxi.com/ -

check it out... does this look legit? I am the everlasting skeptic, so no I dont have my wallet in my hand....

Old 05-24-2004, 09:00 AM

I have never tried it but know many that have. And the reactions seem mixed. They all enjoyed the feedback from their tapes though. A friend of mine has seem many thousands of dollars of work from TAXI, and I think her words say it best...'Don't expect miracles and higly consider the negatives and positive critiques on your work & leave the rest to luck.'
Old 05-24-2004, 09:16 AM

graveleye..I recently started a dialog with one of the online guy's at Taxi..We have exchanged quite a few emails and he mailed me their information package..They appear to be on the up and up, but it's really hard to make a judgement that way.Of course the catch 22 is, they will not listen to anything until you signup..

If you really think you've got something, the most you can lose is the price of a membership,they are offering a 2 year membership for $399.95.

That being said, I still haven't made up my mind one way or the other..

Old 05-24-2004, 10:20 AM

Thanks Bazzle and Lowfreq,
Its tough you know... I hate the idea of being a desparate hopeful and being taken, but on the other hand, it really isnt that much different than recording demos for bands you know you dont have a chance to make it. We all "take advantage" of the hopefuls out there in one way or another.
I may just roll up my spare change and give it a try. Let me know if you have anymore insight into these people.

I am like everyone else. I have great material, and few connections. Problem is no one wants to share connections either, which is somewhat understandable actually. This seems kind of like a way to weed out the tire kickers.. if you are willing to part with some real money, then you are more serious. I know many folks hire entertainment attornies as grandiose A&R hustlers too, sometimes up to $2-3000 as a retainer. Seems steep, but it sometimes works and is pretty common.

Old 05-24-2004, 11:26 AM

graveleye..I was just reading through the info package they sent me, and I came across this, which I hadn't noticed before.

Quote:

I'm so sure that you'll find every word in this information kit to be true,that I'm offering you a full refund of your subscription fee if you ever feel that TAXI is not exactly what I've promised you.

Old 05-24-2004, 12:19 PM

hmmm... wonder if you would need a lawyer to get your cash back though.

Old 05-24-2004, 04:46 PM

I think you have to pay per submission to have them review it in addition to your signup fee.

Beamus
Old 05-24-2004, 05:01 PM

Yes, it is $5 (if I am not mistaken...)

They say that it is so everybody does not submit every song of theirs for every opp.

Keith
my web page
Old 05-24-2004, 05:37 PM

Hey,

I have taken a look at the Taxi information, too. I bet that the opportunities listed on the site do exist, but it would be costly to keep submitting at $5.00 a tune.

EG