Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2018, 12:26 PM

Default Protools 9 - free upgrade to 10 re-install issues

I had to wipe my 2012 Macbook Pro that runs OS X, 10.7.5. I have reloaded the Protools 9 drivers, and Protools 9 install discs, then logged into my AVID account and installed my free Protools 10 upgrade, but the Protools ICON has a light grey ? imbedded in it and it will not open - after installing the Protools 9 - it would not open either saying it is not compatible with my OS. I go into digidesign- the MIDI 10 window and a pop up box says "No digidesign MIDI I/O interfaces were detected. Please make sure that your interfaces are properly connected, then quit and relaunch this application. Your MIDI I/O driver and firmware must be version 2.0 or higher. Quit" I have an MBOX with 2 gain knobs, and a volume knob - the ilok - which I reinstalled. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Protools 9 - free upgrade to 10 re-install issues

Would love to be able to help but can't due to lack of complete system info. Did you reinstall OSX 10.7.5 or another OSX version? What specific audio interface do you have? Do you have the PT10 license asset on your iLok? Why did you go looking in the MIDI I/O window? Did you install the drivers for your interface?

QAPLA!
Old 03-25-2018, 05:08 PM

Thanks for reaching out Jack. I did reinstall the same OS, and when I reinstalled the drivers and unplugged the MBOX, restarted, then plugged the MBOX back in, it all came up. Woohoo! The only issue I have now is my sessions that I have used Expand2 - those tracks are not working within the session, its like the Expand2 is lost or disabled. Are you able to help?
Old 03-25-2018, 05:31 PM

More Info: I have tried going to the Marketplace within Protools, and it shows 404. I have signed into my account with AVID and searched Xpand2, and nothing comes up. I purchased Protools 9, and have the discs, and the solution I have found thus far is to "Run the Avid Virtual Instruments 10 installer"… I don't know how to do that with only Protools 9 discs. thx for anyone able to offer some help.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KStrocher View Post
More Info: I have tried going to the Marketplace within Protools, and it shows 404. I have signed into my account with AVID and searched Xpand2, and nothing comes up. I purchased Protools 9, and have the discs, and the solution I have found thus far is to "Run the Avid Virtual Instruments 10 installer"… I don't know how to do that with only Protools 9 discs. thx for anyone able to offer some help.
XPand2 along with several other plugins formerly by Avid are now available from Air Instruments.

I looked at a page that has PT downloads and it doesn't have much if anything about PT10. I'm going to assume that because you have an upgrade to PT10 that the installers are in your account. Access the 'My Products and Registrations' page and you should have a line item showing for PT10. Open that and click on 'product details and download links'. There should be a line item there for 'Avid virtual instruments' with a download link.

QAPLA!
Old 03-26-2018, 09:03 PM

Hi Jack,

Thank you! That worked! I really appreciate you taking the time to help out. The beat goes on! Cheers :)
Old 03-27-2018, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KStrocher View Post
Hi Jack,

Thank you! That worked! I really appreciate you taking the time to help out. The beat goes on! Cheers :)
Not a problem. Now go make some music

QAPLA!