Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 04-23-2016, 09:05 PM

Default Billing address in Avid account won't verify

So I DO have the last 4 number extension, and it is still giving me this problem. When I go to activate my new software, it has the address in place, yet it still wants me to Verify and update it, so I do, but it says there is a problem with the address and I need to fix it, yet it does not tell me what is wrong. Can anyone help?

-Andy

Last edited by jeffro; 04-25-2016 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Moved from PT12 since it's an account issue (not PT12 related).
Old 04-24-2016, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Billing address in Avid account won't verify

Sometimes the additional digits on the zip usually provide supplementary information ie. that the address is a pob for example or is not serviced by a postman. In this situation your address will not confirm; only addresses that a postman actually delivers mail to are in the postal database. (Avid uses the US Postal Address Confirmation Service, I think). There are many places in the US where people go to the post office to get their mail; none of these people have addresses that can be confirmed either. I am one of those people.
Good Luck
Earl
Old 04-25-2016, 01:13 PM

So I simply tried exactly what I was trying earlier in the night, later that evening, and it worked just fine. Clearly the AVID website was having a brain fart. PT 12.5 up and running flawlessly.

-Andy
Old 04-25-2016, 02:13 PM

I checked with our IT group and they confirmed there was a problem over the weekend with the address verification service that we use. It was fixed late Saturday night. Sorry that this affected you!
Old 04-26-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
I checked with our IT group and they confirmed there was a problem over the weekend with the address verification service that we use. It was fixed late Saturday night. Sorry that this affected you!
...and now we know...the REST of the story!! ;-) Thanks for chiming in, it's good to know I wasn't crazy. LOL All up and running and loving my new software! Thanks!!

-Andy
Old 02-13-2020, 03:14 AM

Heyy I'm having this same issue but where I can't update my info as I have active subscriptions, but I also can't cancel subscriptions so very lost at how to redeem new software.