Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2020, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Dark Theme in Pro Tools 2020.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Thanks. Also don't be afraid to adjust the brightness & contrast on your monitor screen along with the saturation & brightness in PT itself.
yes Display brightness and contrast helped a bunch thanks agin
Thanks for your invaluable help, I just did the hack this morning and man it is much better
U-R-Da-Mann

Here is where I am at (and note it's sharper and just a tich brighter and lighter in person )

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 11-22-2020 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
yes Display brightness and contrast helped a bunch thanks agin
Thanks for your invaluable help, I just did the hack this morning and man it is much better
U-R-Da-Mann

Here is where I am at (and note it's sharper and just a tich brighter and lighter in person )

Kev:
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Unfortunately the image you posted isn't available on imgur anymore according to this error message. Have you seen the last couple of changes another poster made here? Really punched some things up. I made the changes to my file and some are subtle but quite noticeable. I made one change that is significant in making the active/inactive/bypassed nature of a plugin more noticeable and that was to change the font for 'inactive' to a solid red color.

PS:
Check your email; you have a present

QAPLA!
Old 11-22-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Kev:
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Unfortunately the image you posted isn't available on imgur anymore according to this error message. Have you seen the last couple of changes another poster made here? Really punched some things up. I made the changes to my file and some are subtle but quite noticeable. I made one change that is significant in making the active/inactive/bypassed nature of a plugin more noticeable and that was to change the font for 'inactive' to a solid red color.

PS:
Check your email; you have a present
Ha ! yes I was messing in Imgur trying to down size and had deleted the original Should be showing now and not blow up the page.

Very cool thanks

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 11-22-2020 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Ha ! yes I was messing in Imgur trying to down size and had deleted the original Should be showing now.

Very cool thanks
Looks good. Looks like your using my new little present. Go to the edit screen and unhide an inactive track that has plugins on it. THAT was a byproduct of working out the mix screen stuff. I'm still working on the file so who knows what I'll be able to figure out next

QAPLA!
Old 11-22-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Looks good. Looks like your using my new little present. Go to the edit screen and unhide an inactive track that has plugins on it. THAT was a byproduct of working out the mix screen stuff. I'm still working on the file so who knows what I'll be able to figure out next
That's nifty... Looking forward. Humm even thought they are not bad or hateful, I wonder is there a way to make the active non bypassed plug in button, not so translucent and more opague / solid (something more like the highlighted "M7" button in my last screen shot) or have that text a different color yet ?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 11-22-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
That's nifty... Looking forward. Humm even thought they are not bad or hateful, I wonder is there a way to make the active non bypassed plug in button, not so translucent and more opague / solid (something more like the highlighted "M7" button in my last screen shot) or have that text a different color yet ?
Haven't yet been able to figure out where the settings for active things are stored.

edit for additional:
To explain - the red label in post 253 is for a plugin that is disabled; active and inactive font colors are the same.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 11-22-2020 at 10:38 AM. Reason: added explanation for red font in post 253
Old 11-22-2020, 10:14 AM

This is all looking great! This is looking more like a proper dark mode to me....

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) Mac OS 13.6.6 Ventura,32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2024.3.1, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Thanks for this but got some issues. First is your color changes for the active/inactive/bypassed for when you make a plugin inactive it disappears into the mixer background. Not good. Second is that one drive link doesn't work - the page semi-loads and keeps repeating loading but nothing other than basic page graphics show.

Other than that the changes look good.

edit for additional:
To resolve the issue I called out for active/inactive/bypassed business do not modify the stock values for

Font_InsertSend_Label_Bypassed - leave them at 56540,56540,56540,65535
and
Font_InsertSend_Label_InactiveWhite - leave them at 44204,44204,44204,65535
But do change the values for
Font_InsertSend_Label_Inactive to 65535,0,0,65535 - this will give a strong red color to the font readily showing an inactive state
I don't really follow - the text for inactive changes to a brighter salmon color - I don't see how it disappears - It disappears by default - In Dark mode... the text (at least for me) is difficult to see what exactly I have bypassed...
The colors and changes are not meant to be a "Use my settings they are awesome" kind of thing - just a little test to see what you can change via that file - and it looks like almost all the GUI is made up of images - so it is what it is.
This isn't something I would keep long term - b/c every update will having to mod the file - not worth my time - Easier to switch to "classic" where at least I am not squinting at the screen b/c of weird color combinations.
It would be cool if Avid would allow skinning, like reaper or better yet moved to a GUI with less images.
I know I could create the entire interface in CSS on the web if I had the time. Still using images for visual design is so "2006" ;-)
Although I don't envy to team that needs to port it. That's an enormous lift.

The Onedrive file I can get to with an incognito browser window... anybody else can't download?
Old 11-22-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmuzik View Post
I don't really follow - the text for inactive changes to a brighter salmon color - I don't see how it disappears - It disappears by default - In Dark mode... the text (at least for me) is difficult to see what exactly I have bypassed...
The colors and changes are not meant to be a "Use my settings they are awesome" kind of thing - just a little test to see what you can change via that file - and it looks like almost all the GUI is made up of images - so it is what it is.
This isn't something I would keep long term - b/c every update will having to mod the file - not worth my time - Easier to switch to "classic" where at least I am not squinting at the screen b/c of weird color combinations.
It would be cool if Avid would allow skinning, like reaper or better yet moved to a GUI with less images.
I know I could create the entire interface in CSS on the web if I had the time. Still using images for visual design is so "2006" ;-)
Although I don't envy to team that needs to port it. That's an enormous lift.

The Onedrive file I can get to with an incognito browser window... anybody else can't download?
What's not to follow? Your changes to the active/inactive/bypassed make the insert essentially disappear when going into inactive mode for an insert. With the change I did where inactive mode text goes to red and no other changes are made in that section keeps everything visible.

Never said your stuff was awesome as there's a bunch of stuff you did that is killer in a good way. It's just the one place you stumbled - but hey none of us is perfect. Look at K Roche's posts and you'll see what I'm talking about. You put me on to things I wouldn't have thought about so I have to thank you for that much.

So what if a PT change changes the dark mode file? Make a copy of the file and keep it in a safe place so you can replace the 'new' one with your old file. Anyways it's prudent to make a copy of the file before making changes.

QAPLA!
Old 11-23-2020, 06:15 AM

Quote:
So what if a PT change changes the dark mode file? Make a copy of the file and keep it in a safe place so you can replace the 'new' one with your old file. Anyways it's prudent to make a copy of the file before making changes.
Yes totally agree... I would like to add for others that are hacking this file . When a new version of PT comes out it would be wise to take that original copy of the file and use a compare "line by line" program to see if AVID added/removed any new lines or variables.

Cheers