Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2004, 12:44 AM

Default Authorisation woes...

I recently purchased a Dual 2Ghz G5, and am trying to get PTLE up and running. As my previous computer was a bit of a mess, I declined the setup assistant, and thought I'd install all my apps again cleanly. The first app I installed is ProTools LE 6.0.1, which came with my Mbox about a year and a bit ago. I have 6.2.2 running on my other machine currently.

The install went fine, but the authorisation code will not work at all.

Here are my major dilemmas:

- When I first bought the Mbox, I vaguely remember the same problem arising. The place I bought it from gave me another code to try, and it worked. I kept this, but don't remember ever using it since. Whether this is some kind of master code (don't laugh) or not, I'm not sure. Regardless, I've tried this too and it didn't work either.

- I have tried every spacing/case sensitive combination the codes could be and none work.

- To see if I was wrong about something, I went to the download page for different versions, and could get through on using the first code. Whether this is definitive I have no idea, but I'm hoping it's proof I was typing it right beforehand.

- I am tired (entirely my fault, and probably easily fixed )

Could I have missed something simple, such as needing two different codes for different computers? Would Digi be forgiving if I am in the wrong (I think I remember sending in the registration card...) and need another code?

Any help would be very much appreciated, as I have a pretty powerful paperweight at the moment...
Old 12-14-2004, 01:14 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Authorisation woes...

Your Pro Tools LE 6 code should begin with DIGI06....
The first 4 letters are all caps: DIGI
All other letters are lower case
All “0” characters are zeros, not letters

Pro Tools LE 6.4 is what you would download if you have Pro Tools LE 6 and you are on Mac OS X 10.3 Panther:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/64/

If you are on Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar, you would want to be on PTLE 6.1.2.

If you are not able to access the download, you will need to contact Digidesign Customer Service with your name, address, and hardware serial number so they can verify your registration for Pro Tools LE 6. Include your Pro Tools LE code so they can check it for accuracy.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Authorisation woes...

Quote:
Your Pro Tools LE 6 code should begin with DIGI06....
The first 4 letters are all caps: DIGI
All other letters are lower case
All “0” characters are zeros, not letters

Pro Tools LE 6.4 is what you would download if you have Pro Tools LE 6 and you are on Mac OS X 10.3 Panther:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/64/

If you are on Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar, you would want to be on PTLE 6.1.2.

If you are not able to access the download, you will need to contact Digidesign Customer Service with your name, address, and hardware serial number so they can verify your registration for Pro Tools LE 6. Include your Pro Tools LE code so they can check it for accuracy.
Thanks for the quick reply Digi.

Well, I could access the download page using the first code, and fully download/install, but after starting 6.4, it won't accept my code again. Is this strange? Would I still need to verify my code somehow? I'm in Melbourne, Australia, who do I contact?

Thanks again