Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2004, 01:47 PM

Default N.I. Komplete playing wrong notes in pro tools.

so i hooked up the N.I. Komplete 2 bundle yesterday and all is well except one small problem:

i press a "middle c" on my midi keyboard (an alesis qs8.1). the note shows up in the N.I plug in windows as something else, like a "d flat," or "b"

this happens in every n.i. plug in i installed from the komplete package (except for the effects plug ins).

fm7, pro -52, absynth 2.05, B4, etc.

they all show different notes than what i am actually playing on my controller.
I tried out my alesis in Reason to make sure that it was not the keyboard, and the notes matched in reason perfectly.

so what do i do? i downloaded all the new patches from N.I, i checked my keyboard to make sure it was not transposing anything.

all other plug ins play the right notes. This only started to happen after installing the Komplete package.

now as for the audio that is generated:
if i play a "middle c" i hear a "middle c." it just shows up as some other note in the plug in windows.

so the problem is not too severe, but it is rather annoying.
The plug ins work, but this wrong note thing in every single N.I. plug in has to be fixed. its driving me crazy.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:59 AM

Default Re: N.I. Komplete playing wrong notes in pro tools.

I can't help you, but I'm having a similar problem. When I installed the Komplete 2 bundle (OSX 10.3.3/6.2.2), I started loading them into existing songs, just to test them. I also used some standard midi files from the web.

They load and play fine, but each and every instrument (except the sampling line I think) reverts to a default preset, no matter which one I've chosen. This preset sounds fine, and I can even change presets on the fly, but once you stop/start, it reverts back again. I've RTFM as far as I can understand it, but I'm hardly a midi expert.

On the other hand, recording a midi part myself, I can use any preset.

This never happens with Tassman, or any of the Pluggo synths, so I must have missed something...
Old 06-03-2004, 09:15 AM

Default Re: N.I. Komplete playing wrong notes in pro tools

GM, switch the midi track view to "program change" and see if it is set to change the patch. This is especially common on midis downloaded from the internet.

The only other thing I can think of is for you guys to come over to my place and install them on my computer so we can um... figure it out. Yeah...
Old 06-06-2004, 11:14 PM

Default Re: N.I. Komplete playing wrong notes in pro tools

Thanks GothicV, it worked! The fact that other synths didn't do this must have thrown me. Anyway, back to playing...

I can't help you with that last part you mentioned though...