Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2023, 06:22 PM

Default Avid S6L standalone software-Help!

I am running the S6L standalone on a Mac M1 with Parallels (Windows11).
I cannot get the program to load a file off my USB stick that I've been using when I mix with the S6L. The program will allow me to load the useless (to me) Demo shows from "Console to USB" but will not transfer from USB to Console.
This process works flawlessly on any of the hardware S6Ls I've used.
Please tell me what I'm missing. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2023, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Avid S6L standalone software-Help!

Lots of moving parts here. You are running an ARM port of Windows under Parallels on an Apple Silicon Mac. To run an Intel app like you are doing that runs through Windows WOW64, the equivalent to Rosetta. Emulators within virtual machines.... Cells within cells interlinked.

Wether an app will run OK under WOW64 depends on what it's doing, deeper OS stuff or anything that includes or needs x86 device drivers won't work. And the latest Parallels, Windows on ARM, WOW64 is all relatively not so robust.

You might get lucky if other folks have managed to get this working, personally I'd assume this is likely to be a crapshow and go find a Windows Intel PC or Intel Mac with Bootcamp.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 09-02-2023 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-03-2023, 01:00 AM

Thanks for the info. I was missing a lot.

I'll look for a low cost PC laptop to run those couple of apps. Seem a drag

though, I'm running Digico converter and editor fine on Parallels.

Maybe someone will come up with a workaround.
Old 09-03-2023, 03:25 AM

To be clear I was not saying I know it won't work. I have never ever used that software and sure never tried it in the setup you have. I just wanted to warn about how much stuff is going on here.
Old 09-06-2023, 07:36 PM

I truly appreciate the warning. No one else has chimed in so I'm assuming no one else with an M1 has gotten this program to work.

I had seen the Sticky above that speaks of this issue but the last post was 2018. I was hoping by now Avid would have helped to come up with a solution.

I really enjoy mixing on the S6L. It's an interesting and good sounding board. I happen to be touring with band that uses 'Console du jour'. Luckily we are playing large enough venues that I'm getting either Avid, Digico, or Midas.

Being able to modify a previous show before I arrive at the venue is a great advantage. This is because, I may have used different brand consoles for the last few shows and most likely mixes have evolved. I am the monitor engineer and I like to be prepared.