Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 02-17-2020, 06:12 PM

Default Download and Instal Help...Please

Hi All

Firstly I am new to Avid, and from what I can see this question has already been asked but I can't work out the answer.
I have Avid Pro Tools Student Edition 12 month subscription. Loaded on to ilock key and showing activated. I have messages to say that the avid account has been activated and it shows in my account however it keeps asking for further verification of id which is provided and en email received telling me to down load with the code which is pasted into the appropriate space when asked.
The program will download but when open for instal keeps saying corrupt file. (All antivirus software and firewalls off when downloading). Using both Safari and Chrome
Can anyone please point me in the right direction or give me a clue as to where to find further info. I have emailed avid support twice in the last three days but have no response. I have also completely locked up and needed to reload the operating system on a mac because it would not reboot after one attempted install. Using Macbook pro with high sierra and a mac mini 2019 with Mojave, both show as able to accept the software.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by sadlers; 02-17-2020 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:58 AM

Default Re: Download and Instal Help...Please

Has Avid support gotten back to you or have you gotten past your issue yet?

System Details
Old 02-26-2020, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Download and Instal Help...Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadlers View Post
Hi All

Firstly I am new to Avid, and from what I can see this question has already been asked but I can't work out the answer.
I have Avid Pro Tools Student Edition 12 month subscription. Loaded on to ilock key and showing activated. I have messages to say that the avid account has been activated and it shows in my account however it keeps asking for further verification of id which is provided and en email received telling me to down load with the code which is pasted into the appropriate space when asked.
The program will download but when open for instal keeps saying corrupt file. (All antivirus software and firewalls off when downloading). Using both Safari and Chrome
Can anyone please point me in the right direction or give me a clue as to where to find further info. I have emailed avid support twice in the last three days but have no response. I have also completely locked up and needed to reload the operating system on a mac because it would not reboot after one attempted install. Using Macbook pro with high sierra and a mac mini 2019 with Mojave, both show as able to accept the software.

Thanks in advance
What exact version of PT do you have? There is no such thing as 'student edition' but PT is available with a student/teacher education pricing discount. Is that what you have?

Are you downloading from your Avid user account? Can you try Firefox for doing the download? When you double click the installer to do the install is that when you get the 'corrupt file' error message?

QAPLA!