Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2020, 04:50 AM

Default Re: Problems connecting to Pro Tools First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Have a look over YouTube for tutorials that are close to doing what you want and are using a similar version of Pro Tools. This us an excellent way of getting started.

Unfortunately Pro Tools First has poor documentation and is fairly restrictive compared to Pro Tools and other DAWs and its cloud project storage seems very flakey. I would not risk putting any of my work on that. My advice would be to use another DAW. Pro Tools (standard) is great.
Ok, some progress has been made.
Firstly, driver issue is sorted, and I can now hear my bass as I play it through Pro Tools First.
Unfortunately, I can no longer hear the pre-installed drum sample track when I play it. Nor can I hear my bass if I record it, and try to play it back. Any ideas?

EDIT TO STATE:
I've got it figured.
In Setup -> Playback Engine the following applies:
Choosing Focusrite USB ASIO means I can hear my bass playing "live" through my speakers, but hear nothing else unless I use headphones plugged directly into the Scarlett Solo.
Choosing Xonar Soundcard means I hear the drum sample track through my speakers, but cannot hear my bass or record it.

Seems I will have to invest in a set of 6.35mm headphones. I presume there are wireless options available.
Asus Xonar SE 5.1 PCI-E gaming sound card with 192kHz/24-bit Hi-Res Audio
Avid Pro Tools First Ver: 2019.6.0
Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

Last edited by r011ingthunder; 07-05-2020 at 05:03 AM.