How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 04-26-2019, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meads View Post
Oh, Hergott im Himmel... Ich brauche keine Belehrungen in Bezug auf den Umgang mit anderen, ich bin schon groß und mein Charakter gefestigt.
Mein Umgang ist m.E. der Sache angemessen. Wenn ich Idiotie sehe, darf ich sie Idiotie nennen. Es gibt einen Unterschied zwischen Benennung und Beleidigung. Ich beleidige niemanden, aber muß Schwachsinn nicht mit Ehrfurcht und Demut begegnen, sondern darf ihn beim Namen nennen.
Wenn Du das anders handhabst - bitte, gerne. Aber bitte heb' Dir Belehrungen für Deinen Nachwuchs oder Deine Haustiere auf.
What ever god has to do with it? Your words are insulting and in now way reasonable. And my kids and cat are ok. Thank you for asking.
You are completely right on the topic. And you are completely right that it is pretty annoying in what way some people try to defend avid here, but that does in no way entitle anybody to be insulting. I just name it.
Video Slave 4.3.477
Old 04-26-2019, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basstian View Post
What ever god has to do with it? Your words are insulting and in now way reasonable. And my kids and cat are ok. Thank you for asking.
You are completely right on the topic. And you are completely right that it is pretty annoying in what way some people try to defend avid here, but that does in no way entitle anybody to be insulting. I just name it.
Grow up.
If you can't handle people speaking their mind without sugar coating it, maybe you're not ready for the world. I didn't insult anybody, but I'm tempted to direct some insults your way. I don't, though, because that's not my style. See? I know how to handle a snowflake as well as how to conduct myself.

P.S.: Maybe you should switch voicing your being offended to PM and not bother everyone in this thread with your offensive remarks trying to suppress my freedom of speech. I'll happily deal with any complaints you might have in a private conversation.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 04-26-2019, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meads View Post
I didn't insult anybody, but I'm tempted to direct some insults your way. I don't, though, because that's not my style.
BS.

Just like I'd like to FU straight to your face but I don't because I'm so cool... what's the difference in telling what you want to do and actually doing it? The other person feels the insult anyway.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanonbass View Post
I am fine with being charged money if the product I am receiving is worth the cost. Its just not.

We are 4 months into the year and still no new version of protools. And what features are we getting for 400 a year? I am seriously wanting my money back at this point. They just don't have their crap together it seems. I might move to a totally different system soon. Cubase and studio one are looking more and more like something I will consider soon.

I could have kept my money and canceled the subscription and be in the exact same place I am now. On the same version. 2018.12.
As a PT user, if you can ever get used to S1's disastrous GUI that just keeps getting worse with each version (it is a visual cacophony), I would be very surprised.. PT is so neat and tidy by comparison and easy to use.
However, Cubase is a very strong DAW.. I will warn you though, Cubase can not do automation sample accurately with any plugin under any circumstance.. The timing drifts all over the place and even depends on the buffer size of your audio interface.. So if you record at 32 and decide to go to 1024 to mix for example, the automation will have different timing. Pro Tools is spot on in this regard. Logic and Cubase are completely broken in this regard, especially when using plugins that need delay compensation.. So.. just a heads up as I have used it extensively and it's a well known issue.

On the other hand, of course it is ridiculous that is is almost May and not even a PT sub release, and also that folders did not come in 2018 AS PROMISED.. i am wondering if there is any point ever renewing pro tools again in my lifetime.
I am sick and tired of 32 inputs and I can not afford over 20 thousand AUD for a proper HDX system.. so the reason I am not here much anymore is that I am tending to use Logic again.. the daw I used for 20 years.. as better the devil you now.. I know it has a serious automation issue and does not have selectable midi input per channel which drives me insane, but it does everything else I need.. I still use PT if I want to use a lot of UAD plugins as the automation stays in time, or of it's a heavy audio based project.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
BS.

Just like I'd like to FU straight to your face but I don't because I'm so cool... what's the difference in telling what you want to do and actually doing it? The other person feels the insult anyway.
Maybe because in that case that was the veiled intention, that you so cannily uncovered? We'll never know. BTT?

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 04-26-2019, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
Wow people can't even be bothered to argue in English on here anymore. I'll chip in with my pidgin Welsh if you think that will help.
It should not be allowed to talk in a language other than English in an English language thread.. I am really surprised the moderators haven't removed those posts as it's just SO incredibly rude.. beyond rude actually.

Avid can start a foreign sub forum or at least keep it to topics that have been started in something other than English.. It is just disgusting to have "private conversations" in a foreign language amongst a huge topic of English speakers.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
It is just disgusting to have "private conversations" in a foreign language amongst a huge topic of English speakers.
That's a bit over the top, don't you think? WTF is going on with people, are you all losing your minds?
Relax for god's sakes. You're devaluing the language you're obviously so very fond of. If that's disgusting, what do you call things that really are?
This is ridiculous.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 04-26-2019, 03:39 AM

Default Pro Tools 2019 !

Hahah this whole thread is ridiculous since day one. It’s about a non existing product of a company that accidentally didn’t look up the meaning of the word ‘soon’ before they used it.

Actually because of that ridiculous fact alone, it’s easily explainable that sooner or later the posts in this thread only could be as stupid as the thread itself.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
It should not be allowed to talk in a language other than English in an English language thread.. I am really surprised the moderators haven't removed those posts as it's just SO incredibly rude.. beyond rude actually.

Avid can start a foreign sub forum or at least keep it to topics that have been started in something other than English.. It is just disgusting to have "private conversations" in a foreign language amongst a huge topic of English speakers.
Actually strictly speaking not against the rules, but as you said, it should be.

There is a separate forum for Spanish, French and Japanese. Not sure why not German but maybe because someone native german speaking should have to moderate it (yes still missing you Oliver, please come back some day...)
Old 04-26-2019, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDorn View Post
the meaning of the word ‘soon’
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDorn View Post
sooner or later the posts in this thread only could be as stupid as the thread itself
Okay so according to Steven Slate dictionary this thread is always meaningful and to the point, right?