Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2017, 06:31 PM

Default Eleven rack shuts off after few mins

Hi guys, hopefully someone can help. I got a used eleven rack a few months ago without the software so I used it straight into my amp. Everything was going well up to a week ago it just shut off on me, I tried flicking the witch of and on and nothing, the next morning I turn it on and it was fine, few minutes after it shut off again. Almost like it was over heating or something. I had a buddy open the eleven rack up and everything looks ok but there’s a little piece that gets really hot, enough to burn your finger if you left it there. The piece has a screw so it’s removable, on it it says 780A jrc, is that supposed to happen and what exactly is that piece? Any info would be appreciated.