Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 06-17-2015, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 Recording Timing

I wouldn't say this is only a HD issue, otherwise everyone using HD would moan.
As no other HD user currently responded with similar problems,
it might just be an issue at our end.
It could also be a combination of things like template, storage, what other equipment is in the recording chain etc.
This is in fact what I am trying to find out.
MacOS 10.11
Pro Tools HD 11.3.2
Pro Tools HD 12.8.3
Avid IO 192 and 96, Merging Hapi
Avid Sync HD
Old 06-17-2015, 09:04 AM

in your signature i see that you have PT10.3.9 on your Yosemite Drive ... and the Decklink Card ... just thinking out loud here .. are you using PT10 at all ??? i have it on my yosemite drive as well .. but Menu's are a mess so i do not use it ... but my PT11 seems to be tied to it via plugins .. i just keep it as a backup drive - main drive is still Mavericks & PT11 ...

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 06-18-2015, 01:56 AM

We've got one recording suite which runs PT11 and PT10.
Due to the discussed issue we are forced to use PT10 for recording vocals.
even PT10 is not displayed correctly in Yosemite.
On all other suites we did a clean install of Yosemite and then PT11 (no PT10).
We found PT11 works better without the old PT10 crap on it.
But it does mean many plugins which worked in 10 need to be replaced or are
no longer available.
But this is a different subject and should be discussed in a different topic.
MacOS 10.11
Pro Tools HD 11.3.2
Pro Tools HD 12.8.3
Avid IO 192 and 96, Merging Hapi
Avid Sync HD
Old 06-21-2015, 05:30 PM

Harry,

I no longer have access to your related post http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2269524&postcount=85, so I can't respond there. But I thought you should know that Avid 192/96 IO are “Not Officially Supported Audio Interfaces and Peripherals (Untested)” (AVID speak for “don’t work right”) in either PT11 or PT12. See

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...als&popup=true

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nterfaces-and-

FYI here’s another way to do latency measurements http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=368814

Amack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLaim View Post
We've got one recording suite which runs PT11 and PT10.
Due to the discussed issue we are forced to use PT10 for recording vocals.
even PT10 is not displayed correctly in Yosemite.
On all other suites we did a clean install of Yosemite and then PT11 (no PT10).
We found PT11 works better without the old PT10 crap on it.
But it does mean many plugins which worked in 10 need to be replaced or are
no longer available.
But this is a different subject and should be discussed in a different topic.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:51 PM

Hi

I have a session that I recorded in Pro Tools 8 M-Powered. It was done on a dual core PC running Windows 7. I used an M-Audio Profire 2626 interface.

Recently, I upgraded my hardware to a quad core PC running Windows 7 and still using the Profire as my interface. I upgraded to Pro Tools 11.3.1. Everything recorded in the previous version sounds fine during playback, But when I record a new track, it's out of sync with the rest of the track. All tracks are going to the output of the profire, nothing through the buses. I had read a post on the web where someone suggested that if you save and close the session and reopen, everything would line up. Unfortunately, that didn't work. Does anyone have any idea on how to resolve this?

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmjazz View Post
Hi

I have a session that I recorded in Pro Tools 8 M-Powered. It was done on a dual core PC running Windows 7. I used an M-Audio Profire 2626 interface.

Recently, I upgraded my hardware to a quad core PC running Windows 7 and still using the Profire as my interface. I upgraded to Pro Tools 11.3.1. Everything recorded in the previous version sounds fine during playback, But when I record a new track, it's out of sync with the rest of the track. All tracks are going to the output of the profire, nothing through the buses. I had read a post on the web where someone suggested that if you save and close the session and reopen, everything would line up. Unfortunately, that didn't work. Does anyone have any idea on how to resolve this?

Thanks.

This usually happens when you have plugins with processing delay on a master fader track. Bypass the master fader track or the plugins on it with the large delay and things will record right. Then you can put the master fader or plugins back on.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 06-22-2015, 11:18 AM

rmjazz,

It's likely the same problem that HarryLaim has - inaccurate round trip latency compensation by PT - http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2269524&postcount=85. You can easily check it yourself see http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=368814. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be any effective manual workarounds - http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...hlight=latency. The right way to do it is to fix PT so it can do what other DAWs do - http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...ay/124553-3779. Register, login, and vote!

Amack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmjazz View Post
Hi

Thanks.

Last edited by Amack; 06-22-2015 at 11:22 AM. Reason: fix 1st link
Old 09-20-2016, 06:03 PM

Hello I'm running PT 10HD on my Mac Pro Early 2011, 2.7GHz Dual i7, Audiobox iTwo usb, osx 10.8.5.... When I record there is a delay as well as when I playback I've tried changing the Buffer size and everything even ran low latency monitoring. I have recorded with no plugins at all and even that hasnt helped what should i do?
Old 09-20-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenue19 View Post
Hello I'm running PT 10HD on my Mac Pro Early 2011, 2.7GHz Dual i7, Audiobox iTwo usb, osx 10.8.5.... When I record there is a delay as well as when I playback I've tried changing the Buffer size and everything even ran low latency monitoring. I have recorded with no plugins at all and even that hasnt helped what should i do?
You should start a new thread, this thread likely has nothing to do with your issues, and has posts with some crazy nonsense. You should provide all you system info there, and describe what troubleshooting you have tried. Copy and past this message there an answer all the questions.

And make clear what is happening... when you record what? Audio/vocals? MIDI? we can't guess. You are recording what? against a click track? or backing track or VI? what exactly?

What actual playback buffer size are you using? Does changing that size change things? Is ADC (Automatic Delay Compensation) on or off, try both ways, what happens?

Is the delay when you play back? Or while tracking? or both?

While you record (assuming its audio) are you monitoring thought Pro Tools or the interface hardware mixer?

Start at the "help us help you" link up top of every DUC web page.

Make sure you system is properly optimized and try the most basic troubleshooting like trashing prefs, trying a new empty session etc.

No plugins in the whole session? Anywhere?

Include screenshots of the playback engine settings panel and anything else relevant.

Please don't reply here, start a new thread, and hopefully a moderator will delete the last two posts here.