Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-20-2003, 02:37 PM

Default ---unofficial BTD report only thread---

Hi! In an effort to properly provide Digi with a thread that can contain up to date info on the exact problems/errors people are getting with BTD ONLY, I am starting this thread.

PLEASE! ONLY post info of your individual experiences with this now infamous BTD probem.
To make it easier for DIgi to collect info so as to hopefully fix this ASAP, provide the following, and please try to keep discussion to a minimum, so as to keep the thread easy for them to collect the info quickly and easily. Hopefully you all will see this as not being arrogant, but simply trying to find a logical way to present as much info on a known, major issue.

1] System you are using. OS, MB, CPU, ram, drives, drive config, Digi hardware, etc

2] Is your system dedicated for audio? (whole system, or partitioned?)

3] What is the BTD error or errors you are getting? (this is where the explanations come in. Please try to provide info, and not rant about the problem(s).)
Is it only older sessions (pre-6.1) being opened in PT 6.1.x that now are unable to be bounced?
Is it creating a new 6.1.x session, loading tracks, plugs, etc and although it plays fine, BTD requires major adjustments to the session to get it to bounce? If so, what exactly?
Is it a particular type of bounce? (ie, mp3 only, interleaved wav only, etc)

Hopefully if we can all throw our problem up here in detail, they will have a single thread to hit to grab all the info, instead of having to hop around multiple threads, trying to collect info amidst other rants, problems, etc.

Digi: I am sorry if I have overstepped bounds, or done something wrong (re: the DUC rules) by posting this. It IS a valid problem, and a pretty major one IMO. Please help us!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:00 PM

Default Re: ---unofficial BTD report only thread---

1] System you are using. OS, MB, CPU, ram, drives, drive config, Digi hardware, etc

I'm using an 002 on Xp, 6.1 with a 2.6 gigahertz P4, a gig of ram, a 7200 rpm SCSI system drive, and a 10,000 rpm audio drive, and another 10,000 rpm storage drive.

2] Is your system dedicated for audio? (whole system, or partitioned?)

See above.

3] What is the BTD error or errors you are getting? (this is where the explanations come in. Please try to provide info, and not rant about the problem(s).)
Is it only older sessions (pre-6.1) being opened in PT 6.1.x that now are unable to be bounced?
Is it creating a new 6.1.x session, loading tracks, plugs, etc and although it plays fine, BTD requires major adjustments to the session to get it to bounce? If so, what exactly?
Is it a particular type of bounce? (ie, mp3 only, interleaved wav only, etc)

I'm using sessions created in 5.3, and I get a crazy number of 9032 errors. Removing all plugins seems to allow it to bounce.

Anything else?
Old 10-20-2003, 03:29 PM

system:

Asus A7V8X/2000XP/512MB Asus qualified PC3200/digi001/Win XP Pro/PTLE 6.1
Asus A7V600/3200XP/512MB Asus qualified PC3200/digi001/Win XP Pro/PTLE 6.1

doesn't matter which drive i use - internal IDE, SCSI, USB 2.0 or firewire. 100% reproducible bounce handler error with any session unless there's virtually no plug-ins. even save session copy as or creating a new session and importing tracks produces the same result.

G4 450/384 MB PC100 SDRAM/digi001/7200RPM Seagate IDE system drive/OS10.2/PTLE 6.1

have to drop some plug-ins to play the session but with the CPU almost at red, BTD works just fine.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:41 PM

Rockit- you work in QA? '100% reproducible' sounds like a lot of the bugs I'm finding in the games I test

For more info: I can play the session just fine, so I guess I can do the whole record an AUX trick instead of bouncing, but it's just so inconvenient. The part that drives me nuts is that it used to work just fine in 5.3.

I also have all my WinXP updates, as well as all my drives regularly defragged, and I've tried bouncing to all my different disks with no luck.

daede
Old 10-20-2003, 07:04 PM

You guys aren't providing manufacturer info on your FW cards. I've got the same ASUS system board as Rocket. I have zero BTD issues with a SIIG card. I've got another (generic) FW card that does fail during BTD. Also interesting that Rocket's 001 doesn't fail (doesn't use FW). I'm wondering if this may be a card issue.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:16 PM

I thought I'd heard of people getting the BTD error on systems that don't even use a firewire card, such as 001 and Mbox, and some have reported it on the Mac side, too.

I think the details of the bounce might also be useful: session rate and depth, bounce type (wav, interleave), convert during/after, dither. There are a bunch of variables.

Old 10-20-2003, 08:51 PM

I'm running 24/96 sessions, bounced to interleaved stereo 16/44.1 convert after bounce. Messed with all those parameters with no luck.

I'm using the Adaptec firewire card, if I recall correctly.

daede
Old 10-20-2003, 09:40 PM

Hi!
1] Using ASUS P4C800 Deluxe, P4 2.66 OC'd to 3g, Kingston HyperX PC3500 ram, 2 sticks of 512 (1g total) in dual channel mode, system drive is on primary as master, audio drive is WD 120g 7200rpm 8M cache SE PATA drive running via onboard Promise in IDE mode as single PATA drive. Digi001 & AMIII, one enabled, one disabled in each of the two hardware profiles I have.

2] Far from dedicated. Audio, graphics work (non-film), gaming, 'net, email, everyday use. Second partition set up as emergency rescue/fix of primary partition only.

3] 5.3.x sessions opened that have close to full capacity (tracks and plugs) may need some plugs removed to even play back. 6.1.x seems to allow less plugs than 5.3.x. When a session in 6.1 is at close to using all cpu available, whether new 6.1 session or a trimmed down 5.3.x, I will need to remove anywhere from 1 or 2 plugs to 6 or 7 to get it to bounce clean for any output type (mp3, inteleaved ,etc).

Besides the lower resource overhead 6.1.x seems to have, no real problems. When I had an Mbox, same basic thing. Was suing a Compaq cheapo USB card from Radio Shack (lol). Worked great. Firewire on PC still scares me for some reason. Maybe cause Apple "created" it...hehehehe...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:05 AM

Digi 002r with 6.1.1
A7V333-X Bios rev 1003
Athlon XP 2500+ CPU
Power Color Radeon 9200SE 64 MB Dual Vid Card
Adaptec FireConnect 4300 firewire card
Crucial(Micron) PC2700 512MB RAM
LiteOn 52X32X52 CD Burner
Western Digital 40G 8M Cache 7200RPM Sytem Drive
Western Digital 80G 8M Cache 7200RPM Audio Drive
Windows XPsp1a
Davec 32+15 with 6.1 and 002r
32+16 with 6.1 and 001
32+19 with 5.3.1 and 001

This is dedicated to audio only. XP and PT le are all that is in this machine.

Get 'Bounce handler could not keep up etc.' errors all the time unless its a very small session with hardly any plug-ins. Have to bounce internaly within the session. 5.3.1 and the 001 on this machine works great. There seems to also be a bit of a performance loss also when you compare my davec tests. Also get the error on my P3 850, P4, and G4 866.

Shan

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 10-21-2003, 01:42 AM

System,
Asus AV7333 motherboard, AMD XP 2000 PCU..
Two segate hard drives 40and60gig 7200 rpm, (I used to run three and had all my audio on an old 20 gig segate, then I tried moving all my data onto my 60gig and formatting the drive then bringing just the folder of the session I was trying to bounce back to the audio drive and it bounced, that was the only time i've got it to bounce)
LG Cd RW 32speed
Geforce 4 64 video card,
network card (realtek)
M-Audio Delta 44 card
SoftK Modem
I'm sure i've removed various raid cards etc... or mabye they are built in, have to check the specs on the AV7333
I haven't tried removing anything but I'm going to after finishing my current project if digi haven't resolved it by then, just can't risk anything stuffing up on me again at inconvienience to me and customers, cost as well..