Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-28-2010, 10:55 AM

Default Protools 8 and Mp3 option

Hey Guys,
I am having trouble getting my MP3 option to work. I have had it since 2007 with pro tools 7. When i moved to 8 it worked just fine. Now i actually switched computers and its not working. It wasn't installed on my ilock. I do have the authorization code but it is not working when typed in manually. Can anyone shed any light on this situation? It is so hard to even find an email that i can send my question to on the avid site! Thanks in advance.
tony
Old 04-28-2010, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Protools 8 and Mp3 option

There is a place to download it but I forgot where. I just go back to 7.4 and install just the MP3 option. Works fine. There may be a newer one I should be using.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:03 PM

I am sorry if I highjack this thread, but I was wondering why everyone pays for the MP3 option, when you can bounce to an AIFF and place it into Itunes and it converts it for you? I am sure there are free ones out there also. They also sounded better to me than the Digi (er, I mean Avid)mp3 option that I used on a trial basis. Am I missing something? $20 is $20.
UAD Apollo X8P With an extra 8 channel ADAT using
a Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56
UAD Twin duo
UAD TB3 Octo Satelite
Focal Twin Be monitors
samsung T5 and Gdrive
Old 04-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Avid

Hi Tony,
Here is the mp3 option installer for Pro Tools 8.

Try installing again and see if you can manually activate the option with your serial number.

Best,
Old 04-28-2010, 07:53 PM

Thanks guys. I have tried that one Digi and it did not work Let me know if you have any other ideas.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:33 PM

@ semicntrldchaos. I had the exact same problem. My memory is a little shady on how I fixed it, but here is what I think I did. First I went to the plugins folder and made sure I removed the old MP3 option (I think). Then I used the mp3 Option installer. Authorized my Ilok, it fixed it for me.

@appledude: Why pay $20 for the MP3 options. Convience, and effeciency. I like to keep my "studio" work seperate from my itunes collection. It is very convenient for me to just bounce down an MP3 from PT right into my session folder without mucking up my itunes. Plus the MP3 option lets you input ID3 Tag information when you generate the file. So it comes out tagged and ready to email to a client or place in mp3 player. Really thats all I use MP3 out of ProTools for, is to email tracks. That is hardly the format for my finished product.

Also it lets you import MP3's directly into Pro Tools. This is cool just for my personsal use. I like to make my own ringtones or custom mms messages. Grab an mp3 of my song. Load it, cut it (30 sec), export as mp3, send it to my phone. I dont need high quality for that.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Avid

What message do you get when you try to bounce/export to mp3? Do you get to an authorization screen, or do you end up with an error that says something along the lines of "module initialization failed?"

If you do get to an authorization process, and try manual activation, does the software ask for a challenge/response or a serial number?
Old 05-02-2010, 07:47 PM

Thanks Nomad. I have tried this with no luck. I also agree that for convenience this feature rules. I also just use it to print off a quick mix without any hassle.

Digi: I do get the authorization screen saying that my time has expired.
I have tried to re install the mp3 option, and i have the same problem.

I can get through a bit of the authorization process until i get to the challenge and response screen in the manual activation. It basically just states that my response didn't match. I am so lost without this feature.

Thanks guys!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:01 AM

MP3 Option Not working in PT 8.1 HD.
I own the MP3 option I bought from the Digi store, but PT doesn't seem to recognize it's there. I downloaded the Mp3 option mentioned in this thread, but when I try to install it, it says I can't install it because there is a newer version of the software already installed.
Where is the Mp3 option installed at on my Mac (vers. 10.6.8). I don't see it in the plugins folder.
Thought I'd try removing whatever version is installed and try re-installing it.

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyelvis View Post
Where is the Mp3 option installed at on my Mac (vers. 10.6.8). I don't see it in the plugins folder.
On your system, it should be here:
/Applications/Digidesign/Pro Tools/Codecs/MP3